LED upgrade for the Halogen lights - A guide

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bdev

Post by bdev »

Thanks bobalina - I had done the H7s (and am hugely happy with them!) but was holding off on the H15s given that some people had issues with the LEDPerfs... I've ordered a set of the Twenty20 H15s now.

bdev

Post by bdev »

Potential warning for those thinking about the H15 Twenty20 LEDs...

Finally got around to installing them on Sunday... lights seemed fine (was a bit concerned as the daytime light seemed VERY bright) - but then last night the alarm was going off repeatedly every few hours.. the H15s are the only thing that's changed, so they are going to have to come out.
MTUK

Post by MTUK »

bdev wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:20 am Potential warning for those thinking about the H15 Twenty20 LEDs...

Finally got around to installing them on Sunday... lights seemed fine (was a bit concerned as the daytime light seemed VERY bright) - but then last night the alarm was going off repeatedly every few hours.. the H15s are the only thing that's changed, so they are going to have to come out.
Did it turn out to be the H15 triggering your alarm? Currently re-reading this thread over & over!!
Merc A200d - Macan SD - Audi TT - Golf GTD MK8
Red Gauntlet

Post by Red Gauntlet »

Fitted the Phillips H7 LEDs to my Macan 95B 2015 and no problems, got the Next-G H15's from LedPerf put them in and they tested great in the dark, however in the daylight I noticed that the 'pass light' did not work, then the engine management came on and the vehicle went into limp mode. Just about to put the Halogens back in to see if it was the LEDS that caused it.
Does anyone have a circuit diagram schematic for the headlamps on this vehicle, I cannot see that it is so difficult to make a simple upgrade work. Have tried a few different H15's now with poor results.
Update : I just removed the H15 LedPerfs to find that the high beam part of the bulbs has failed and only the drl part is working on both pins. I think this maybe faulty bulbs as both are the same. Road tested the car and all ok now with the old halogens.
Will return to LedPerf...
Ieatzchicken

Post by Ieatzchicken »

As an update I have the H15 LEDPERF on and the H7 LEDPERF.

The H7 LEDPERF have died twice over the last 12 months. The problem with this happening is I have to ship it back to France from El Salvador to get my money back.

I ordered the H7 SV.4 and will be installing over the coming weeks as a replacement, will post when done with comparisons
Ieatzchicken

Post by Ieatzchicken »

Dealer successfully installed the HR SV.4

See attached pictures for comparisons #1 is SV.4; #2 is LEDPERF - please note I have the Morimoto Fog lights turned on both but that's the only old picture I had.

Looks like HR SV.4 creates brighter area in the front (closer to the car and in the middle), hopefully this helps on the road; however the LEDPERF had more reach to the sides.

Hopefully SV.4 will last longer than the LEDPERF

HR SV.4.jpg

LEDPERf.jpg

MTUK

Post by MTUK »

I fitted Ledperf today ..... see how long they last !!!,. Better keep the boxes & packaging judging by the problems others have encountered

1 x High Power LED Conversion Kit for Porsche Macan
- Low-beam LED
- DRL and High-Beam
Merc A200d - Macan SD - Audi TT - Golf GTD MK8
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Just as an update to my original post one of my LED Perf H15 units (high/DLR) just failed. The DLR bit went and the high beam stops on all the time. Wasn’t under warranty so had to replace like with like.

The low beam SV.4 from USA have been faultless and, having driven a few brand new Porsches to compare, still give superb amounts of light.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
M4CAN

Post by M4CAN »

Has anyone managed to find an h15 led that isn’t too bright for DRL?
M4CAN

Post by M4CAN »

Ieatzchicken wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:58 am
Hopefully SV.4 will last longer than the LEDPERF
Where did you get your SV.4 bulbs from please?