Drainage ducts need cleaning Sir. Kerching!!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Dream on! No dealer of any stripe ever charged less for having the YTS lad do the work, no way are OPCs going to set that precedent.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Simple fix. Cut the ends off the pipes that can be seen in the rear hatch side compartments - these can be pulled through into the hatch, cut and then fed back into position. Whilst they are out attach a vacuum to them to suck any dirt out, job done.
I suspect that they will still want to charge for the check, but at least then you'll know the pipes are clear and wont get ripped off.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:53 am
pmg wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:02 am
Argo wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:46 am I had problems with blocked pano drains in my previous Gen 1 Macan, but fortunately all fixed by Solihull under warranty, question is have these drains been modified in Gen 3 or could it still be a problem ?
I would suspect no changes. the Macan's underlying body structure has not changed with the generations. the changes have been to mechanicals, suspension, interior trim including electronics and body external trimming.

i am not aware of any non pano roof Macan's having issues with front skuttle drains. I am also not aware of garages of other brands trying to use drain cleaning as a source of income. If needed it is not a task that needs the skill and cost of a fully trained Porsche mechanic. in such circumstances garages should employ someone with a lower skill level for the simpler tasks and charge then out at a suitable rate.

Maybe the guys who wash the cars? 🤔 ;)
The OPC will still charge the standard rate irrespective of who does the work.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags