How To : Rear Bumper Removal

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

pwarb wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:41 pm Many thanks for the excellent guide. I need to remove the "spoiler" from the bottom of the rear bumper cover (the black plastic part which is attached to the lower edge of the painted bumper cover). Do you know if the spoiler can be removed with the bumper cover still attached to the car or does the bumper cover need to be removed first?
I'd like to know the answer to this too as I'm considering replacing this part as it is marked. Would be easier to do without removing the entire bumper.

Thanks in advance
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

pwarb wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:41 pm Many thanks for the excellent guide. I need to remove the "spoiler" from the bottom of the rear bumper cover (the black plastic part which is attached to the lower edge of the painted bumper cover). Do you know if the spoiler can be removed with the bumper cover still attached to the car or does the bumper cover need to be removed first?
I'd like to know the answer to this too as I'm considering replacing this part as it is marked. Would be easier to do without removing the entire bumper.

Thanks in advance
vanduara37

Post by vanduara37 »

Madelvic wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:45 pm

Thanks in advance
Removed my rear bumper couple of weeks ago to colour match the car(white) and the bottom spoiler gloss black. I had to split the bottom spoiler from bumper and in my opinion would be near impossible to do this with the bumper attached to the car. However it literally takes 1/2 hr to remove the bumper then it,s easy enough to seperate spoiler.
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

vanduara37 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:34 pm
Madelvic wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:45 pm

Thanks in advance
Removed my rear bumper couple of weeks ago to colour match the car(white) and the bottom spoiler gloss black. I had to split the bottom spoiler from bumper and in my opinion would be near impossible to do this with the bumper attached to the car. However it literally takes 1/2 hr to remove the bumper then it,s easy enough to seperate spoiler.
Excellent, thank you
Wrason

Post by Wrason »

Has anyone removed/replaced the rear skid plate? I've managed to prang the apron and would like to replace it.