Windscreen washer

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Paul

Post by Paul »

The odd thing is that the rear washer is immediate. Also, if I pull the stalk more than once, the second or third wash is immediate. I think they just haven't fitted a non return valve. I will try and see if I can hear the pump with the engine off to see where the delay is. I suppose this means the water can't freeze in the pipes, but is quite irritating

Slight delay on mine too with first pull of stalk after standing overnight. Good bit less than one second I'd say, and by the time the wipers have moved up the screen the water from the jets hits the wipers on their way up.

The water in the pipes shouldn't freeze BTW if the washer fluid concentration is sufficient.

One thing that bugs me is that the rear wiper often gives one sweep on selecting reverse. Don't know yet if this is because I've left the wipers on auto, which I don't normally do, or if it's because I've just given one wipe to clear the front screen. Quite often the rear screen is dry when that annoying wipe scrapes across the glass.

Re rear wipe; deep in some menu somewhere you can choose for the rear wiper to wipe when you select reverse (and turn this funtion off)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

wallaby

Post by wallaby »

One thing that bugs me is that the rear wiper often gives one sweep on selecting reverse. Don't know yet if this is because I've left the wipers on auto, which I don't normally do, or if it's because I've just given one wipe to clear the front screen. Quite often the rear screen is dry when that annoying wipe scrapes across the glass.

Hello Nick - this can be configured in the multi-function display.

991.2 C4 NIght Blue - collected 16/5/18
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJSWXUK8
GTS sold
Diesel S - Sold
Cayman 981 2.7 PDK - Sold
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Yes I know Paul, I selected it! Ermm Must remember to go back and deselect it!

It is quite handy normally, I use it on the Yeti too, but I'm still figuring out what prompts it to wipe on reverse when I don't remember operating the front ones. Again, maybe it's the auto setting left on.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
VanB

Post by VanB »

Yes delay on mine and it is annoying for the wipers to move before the washer fluid hits the windscreen. Mind you after 2,500 miles I still haven't had to top up the washer bottle which must be cavernous!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Guy

Post by Guy »

Yes delay on mine and it is annoying for the wipers to move before the washer fluid hits the windscreen. Mind you after 2,500 miles I still haven't had to top up the washer bottle which must be cavernous!

It's 6 litres if you have headlight wash-wipe (4.5 litres without).
And you get a warning message at 0.5 litres.

Guy2017-03-28 11:00:09
VanB

Post by VanB »

Useful to know, thank you
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

+1 Thumbs Up
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0