Spare Wheel: More than 1 Part Number?

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

^^^^ as per the manual (you should be able to find that in your glovebox :D)

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 07.45.55.png

Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

happy days

Post by happy days »

There's a glove box? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Macan S D
718 S
N111BJG

Post by N111BJG »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:48 am ^^^^ as per the manual (you should be able to find that in your glovebox :D)
I thought the whole idea of a forum is that one person reads the manual & then tells everyone else what’s in it.
It was obviously your turn to read & mine to ask on this issue
Thanks
2023 Macan S in Copper Ruby Metallic
2022 Mini Cooper Exclusive Convertible (Hers)
2022 BMW R1250GS
2016 991.2 C4S Cabriolet in Miami Blue
2019 Macan S (Sold)
2015 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster (Sold)
2005 997.1 C2S Cabriolet (sold)
billyqureshi

Post by billyqureshi »

guys this is a very useful thread !
please can i get some advice ?
i’ve just collected a gen3 base macan with the 911 turbo 21s.
i don’t have sealant/compressor, or a spare, as i totally missed the fact that these are optional addons these days. the compartment on the left side of the boot has only a small tool roll, nothing else. the under floor is empty. video attached.
i can’t find any space saver wheel in the aftermarket sector that says it would fit in the space. (road hero, thewheelshop.co.uk etc all say won’t fit )
I’ve seen the parts list here and am thinking about getting them all. but i don’t see how the screw thread would be installed as there is no hole in the mould for this.
also if anyone has done this recently and has the full
parts list with up to date part numbers i’d love to speak to you
thanks all

5ED36011-C7A4-43CA-BC2A-386592794C4E.png

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

The plastic centre screw goes into a small slit in the square raised bit of the trim, in the centre of where the wheel would sit, it is not rigid and does not screw into the body. It remains floppy to allow the wheel to move forwards and backwards so the wheel can be inserted and slid under the boot floor at the back where the seat base sits.
Also, you will find the tyre sealant in the left side locker, not under the boot floor.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

billyqureshi wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:23 pm guys this is a very useful thread !
please can i get some advice ?
i’ve just collected a gen3 base macan with the 911 turbo 21s.
i don’t have sealant/compressor, or a spare, as i totally missed the fact that these are optional addons these days. the compartment on the left side of the boot has only a small tool roll, nothing else. the under floor is empty. video attached.
i can’t find any space saver wheel in the aftermarket sector that says it would fit in the space. (road hero, thewheelshop.co.uk etc all say won’t fit )
I’ve seen the parts list here and am thinking about getting them all. but i don’t see how the screw thread would be installed as there is no hole in the mould for this.
also if anyone has done this recently and has the full
parts list with up to date part numbers i’d love to speak to you
thanks all
The sealant and compressor are an optional extra these days! They are listed under 'Wheel Accessories' in the configurator, priced £42. The spare wheel is also listed as a £161 extra, but you then don't get the sealant and compressor. The spare is a low cost option but is very expensive to add later. There has been much discussion on here about the pros and cons of spare wheels and sealants but it boils down to personal choice based on your attitude to the risk of a puncture.
Probably now your least expensive option is to buy an after market compressor and can of sealant as a get-you-home measure for a minor puncture. Bear in mind though that some tyre repairers won't touch a tyre that has been filled with sealant. A major tyre failure means a breakdown callout.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:57 am
The sealant and compressor are an optional extra these days! They are listed under 'Wheel Accessories' in the configurator, priced £42. The spare wheel is also listed as a £161 extra, but you then don't get the sealant and compressor.
Surely you must still get the compressor with the spare wheel as it needs to be inflated before use?
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Kleynie wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:05 am
The sealant and compressor are an optional extra these days! They are listed under 'Wheel Accessories' in the configurator, priced £42. The spare wheel is also listed as a £161 extra, but you then don't get the sealant and compressor.
Surely you must still get the compressor with the spare wheel as it needs to be inflated before use?
You do get the compressor with spare wheel, you just need to buy a can of sealant.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Kleynie wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:05 am
Yes, difficult to blow up by mouth! :lol:
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Hmmmmm, I think one or two of our contributors might manage! :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP