Panoramic Sunroof

All your ordering information here!
slkporsche

Post by slkporsche »

Can anyone tell me whether the pano sunroof issue has been fully resolved yet, and if so, have many members taken delivery of their Macans with the pano sunroof already or when have they been promised delivery? Many thanks in advance for any information.
Macan S Impulse Red Metallic (Hers)
718 Cayman Racing Yellow (His)

Simon

Post by Simon »

Mine was delivered last week with a pano, it was supposed to be a 4-6 week delay at most so best to get your dealer to call Porsche and find out.
slkporsche

Post by slkporsche »

Hi Simon,
I am pleased that you have taken delivery of your Macan with the pano roof but you may remember from my previous comments about the pano delay on my wife's order, her car still has a promised delivery date of November, not forgetting that she wrote a letter of intent to our OPC over two years ago and paid the £3000 deposit last year.
We have spoken to both the OPC and to PCGB about our disappointment in having to wait so long for the car when other customers are now receiving their cars with the pano roof. They have both apologised and said how sorry they are about the delay but all build slots have now been taken so nothing can be changed. We still don't understand why my wife's order was so badly relegated compared to others.
The whole process of buying a new Porsche car should be a most pleasant and fulfilling experience but we are saddened by how my wife has been treated. We are however still so looking forward to eventually taking delivery of our first Porsche and hope that this initial 'strained' blip with our OPC will be replaced with the sheer enjoyment of owning the Macan.
Simon

Post by Simon »

All I can say is there's nothing else in its class to compare ,so if you can wait you won't be disappointed.
Triple7

Post by Triple7 »

My spec for a June (now July ) has been locked down with a pano roof and no word (so far) that it won't come with it fitted.
Sold: 2014 Macan Diesel S in Jet Black.
Sold: 2016 Macan GTS in Jet Black.
Cancelled: 2017 Macan Turbo + PP in Jet Black for a RRS.
Ordered: 2019 992 C4S in Jet Black.
To be ordered 2019 Macan Turbo / Turbo S / Turbo + PP. Yeah, it’ll be in Jet Black!
slkporsche

Post by slkporsche »

Simon,
That's very reassuring to know, and backed up by other members' comments. And being a Porsche, that's why we placed our interest with the OPC over two years ago. Our only regret now is not going to our local OPC at Silverstone where we had made contact with Dean Townsend about the car. When we bought our new SLK350 from Mercedes a few years ago, we had such superb customer care from them in the whole process of ordering and personally collecting the car from Bremen. I trust our experience from the OPC is not the norm.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Mine was from Silverstone, have to say found them to be outstanding.