Leaking Roof????

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

ScotMac wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:29 pm You would think that if there was a problem with Gen 1 Macans surely by Gen 3, Porsche would have managed to solve the problem.

Many manufacturers have sun roofs / pano roofs and surely the majority do not leak. :roll: :roll:
Exactly, hopefully seems to be an historic issue. I don't know if any owners of late models cars have had problems?

EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:45 pm
ScotMac wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:29 pm You would think that if there was a problem with Gen 1 Macans surely by Gen 3, Porsche would have managed to solve the problem.

Many manufacturers have sun roofs / pano roofs and surely the majority do not leak. :roll: :roll:
Exactly, hopefully seems to be an historic issue. I don't know if any owners of late models cars have had problems?
Apparently it's now on the service list of things to be done at a cost of approximately £150 + depending on OPC :o
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
andreas

Post by andreas »

EDZ wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:56 pm
Apparently it's now on the service list of things to be done at a cost of approximately £150 + depending on OPC :o
If that's really the case, it's just shameless profiteering. There's obviously a Porsche design flaw which causes some Macans to get blocked drains - my guess is that it's the "duck bill" valves on the bottom of the drain tubes. I've had sunroofs on cars for decades, and never had problems.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

What I've never understood is why there isn't a continuous tube from the roof to the wheel arch. How and where does the water enter the boot?
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
andreas

Post by andreas »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:36 pm What I've never understood is why there isn't a continuous tube from the roof to the wheel arch. How and where does the water enter the boot?
There is a continuous tube, but it has a silly valve device at the bottom, which is prone to getting blocked. If it gets blocked, the water won't drain away so overflows the channel of the sunroof structure and leaks in to the car.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

It was changed on the later models and the old ones can be replaced with a single tube

Staggers me the designs sometimes. The family had a 2008 A Class Merc thats spare wheel well would fill with water if you parked on hill facing down in the rain. Mercedes solution on our 2010 model!!!! Drill a hole on the bottom and put a removable plug in it!!! Maybe they just have different rain in Germany?????
MacanS_2018

Post by MacanS_2018 »

So I had the Macan returned to Porsche Reading, they loaned me a Panamera for the week, it was a challenge on narrow country lanes, but the kids enjoyed it.

Anyway Reading realigned the pan roof and adjusted the drains so it’s now all fixed at their expense. They even paid for its MOT. Faith restored in Porsche and fingers crossed no water gets in now!
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

MacanS_2018 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:12 pm So I had the Macan returned to Porsche Reading, they loaned me a Panamera for the week, it was a challenge on narrow country lanes, but the kids enjoyed it.

Anyway Reading realigned the pan roof and adjusted the drains so it’s now all fixed at their expense. They even paid for its MOT. Faith restored in Porsche and fingers crossed no water gets in now!
result !
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

THHGTTG wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:16 pm
MacanS_2018 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:12 pm So I had the Macan returned to Porsche Reading, they loaned me a Panamera for the week, it was a challenge on narrow country lanes, but the kids enjoyed it.

result !
Good to hear. Are you still glad you speccd the pan roof or would you drop it now if part of your build?
Macan S MY 2023
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

I guess the answer to the leaky sun roof is on the way for the Macan….. 🤔

743F63A9-7071-4F95-868C-1B38EA0F25CC.jpeg

2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris