Unavailable Options

All your ordering information here!
Piercy

Post by Piercy »

Hi all, I've been thinking about the inconsistent message about factory options which seem to be available to some and not others. So far we have had the spare wheel, pan roof, red leather and monochrome trim. I delayed the build of our car as the red leather and pan roof were must haves, but, was reluctantly prepared to proceed with the build without the monochrome trim to which we have been told on more than one occasion it is not available; however, from the recent posts cars have been built with this option.

Is this a case of who you know or first come first served.. If the latter then I believe this again to be inconsistent as various non available options have arrived without any delay.. Red leather and pan roof etc. in my opinion Porsche are not playing fair and should apply the same policy across the board. I just hope my Porsche Centre will replace the matt black trim for monochrome for £138.00.

MattMacan

Post by MattMacan »

Hi all, I've been thinking about the inconsistent message about factory options which seem to be available to some and not others. So far we have had the spare wheel, pan roof, red leather and monochrome trim. I delayed the build of our car as the red leather and pan roof were must haves, but, was reluctantly prepared to proceed with the build without the monochrome trim to which we have been told on more than one occasion it is not available; however, from the recent posts cars have been built with this option.

Is this a case of who you know or first come first served.. If the latter then I believe this again to be inconsistent as various non available options have arrived without any delay.. Red leather and pan roof etc. in my opinion Porsche are not playing fair and should apply the same policy across the board. I just hope my Porsche Centre will replace the matt black trim for monochrome for £138.00.

Morning Piercy,

I experienced the same issue regarding the Black Mono-chrome trim and had to settle for Matt finish. I had my OPC look into replacing for Gloss once the car had arrived. Basically Not a chance. Would have to be treated the same as a 'body shop/accident repair'... The price to go this route was coming in a few £'s short of £1000..!!!!
My OPC have however offered to have it painted for me if technically possible. The offer was appreciated however I'd be a little nervous about the potential of a 'bad job'... Have a feeling I'll settle for the Matt finish and see how else Porsche can make it up to me.
Piercy

Post by Piercy »

Thanks MattMacan.. I had the same issue on my Q5 and wanted the trim changed, I got a local body shop to do it and fortunately the labour cost wasn't too expensive. On that occasion I didn't order the car with the trim and it was my mistake, this time monochrome trim was part of my required spec as a result, surely there has to be some listening or obligation by the OPC to make up any deficiencies?
MattMacan

Post by MattMacan »

I'll certainly be pursuing it once mine is here. Due to the circumstances surrounding the 'lock-down' of my spec I am a little annoyed to have missed out on the Gloss.. If I find a workable angle I'll be sure to let you know.
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Guys, I suspect the real situation is that there is limited supply of these options rather that their complete unavailability. From a logistics point of view if the factory have confirmed orders and specs in from dealers with these options they will be allocated on that basis and any subsequent orders may have them missing once the supply has been fully allocated.

The factory making these thing wil still be operating and deliveries will still be made but not at the level required to satisfy demand so I suspect this is one reason why some people seem to be getting what they want and some aren't.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Simon

Post by Simon »

I think the situation with Porsche was as follows, they either had more orders than they could fulfill or they had a shortage of various component parts. They then told people either drop that part or your order will slip.
Following the response of enough people wanting their Macan in lieu of certain parts such as monochrome, red leather and pano roof, I'm guessing they ended up more than covering the shortfall in parts.
When I asked if monochrome could be reinstated my dealer called Porsche who initially said no but then said they could. I was prepared to wait the 4-6 weeks delay as I wanted Red leather, monochrome and the pano, but fortunately for me I have got it all without delay and collect this week. I don't believe there was any favoritism but do believe in chasing the dealer to make the call to Porsche and get clarification on an individual basis. That's what I did and if I hadn't then monochrome would not be on the car now.
Triple7

Post by Triple7 »

I have ordered the pano roof and monochrome trim, spec was supposed to be locked down 5th May, I said to my dealer I wanted to find out prior to lock down if any of these options would not be available, so that I could make a final decision on spec. Dealer has said that there has been no communication from Porsche that my spec would be unavailable and said they would have notified by now. In which case they are sure that I will get what I ordered. I will still be a touch apprehensive, but that is what I have been told.
Sold: 2014 Macan Diesel S in Jet Black.
Sold: 2016 Macan GTS in Jet Black.
Cancelled: 2017 Macan Turbo + PP in Jet Black for a RRS.
Ordered: 2019 992 C4S in Jet Black.
To be ordered 2019 Macan Turbo / Turbo S / Turbo + PP. Yeah, it’ll be in Jet Black!