Exhaust flap mod?

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
ricksta68

Post by ricksta68 »

Hi guys

Totally in the dark about this - but does anyone know anything about a simple mod to their exhaust flap that apparently gives both a better sound as well as better performance?

I did some quick reading on this and have seen mixed reviews - some saying it's great, others saying that it reduces the amount of negative air pressure behind the vehicle thereby reducing performance, and others again saying that it's only available for petrol models (I have a diesel)...

Any comments / thoughts etc welcomed!

steve w

Post by steve w »

Is this a Porsche Mod or an after thought can't think what an exhaust flap is?.
Steve W
Paul

Post by Paul »

The only Porsche mod I know of is the £2000 ish PSE which has been talked about on here a bit - used to be for Petrol only but available on diesel since about April of this year?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
ricksta68

Post by ricksta68 »

Nah, its apparently a DIY mod involving some override to the flap in the exhaust... fully reversible as well, apparently?
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

You're not talking about the golf tee mod that was all the rage a few years ago on BMWs and the like are you?

Not sure you can do that on a Macan but will wait to see with interest if it can be done and someone posts the solution on here.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Ger

Post by Ger »

I know nothing of or about this, but logically, I think mechanically it is possible. On the first start up of the day, the exhaust burbles away far louder than its idle turnover for a good 20 seconds, indicating it is possible to produce the sound already. I would assume it is software controlled however, and someone has found a work around, or literally jammed the flaps in the exhaust open with something