2 nd thoughts.

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
roydoshi

Post by roydoshi »

I have placed a deposit down Jan 15,and i took a test drive last week with the Mrs who loved the 14 way seats for ease of in and out due to her dodgy knees,The car was Dieseal on 21 wheels with i think Pasm
and no Power steering plus,frankly i was disappointed with the slow speed handling,too much effort required at turning and slow speeds.I did take a test drive few months ago on 20 inch wheels with i think steel suspension and i felt that was a better experience,but still felt i would like power steering assistance on that first ride.I know there are a lot of threads on power steering plus ,but should i wait for my experience day and try 19 inch wheels with power steering plus with pasm?By the way the dealer says there is an improvement on lead time about 1 year from deposit which is good news.

SPL

Post by SPL »

Hi Roydoshi,

That's the thing - you can build your car to how you wish.Big smile
You will be hard pressed to test drive something with an exact spec of "19 inch wheels with power steering plus with pasm" unless of course you know the car at the experience day will have exactly that?Confused
Diesel S Ordered 07/12/2013 - Delivered 29/01/15 - Sold 15/06/16.
New Range Rover Vogue arrived 21/07/16.
http://www.macanownersclub.co.uk/forum/shouldnt-swear-land-rover_topic4142.html
YorkshireDave

Post by YorkshireDave »

No regrets with power steering plus on 21's and power steering plus is a cheap option but leave others to comment on 19's
roydoshi

Post by roydoshi »

My original spec at deposit time was for 20 inch Spyders with Pasm and power steering plus,I know there
is a long way to go but at least I can nail this bit of the car down then ponder over the colours etc etc.
in the months to come.
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

My original spec at deposit time was for 20 inch Spyders with Pasm and power steering plus,I know there 
is a long way to go but at least I can nail this bit of the car down then ponder over the colours etc etc.
in the months to come.
roydoshi my diesel s in on steel pasm and 20"spiders and is a supple ride and handling, , but on my next will run with 21"wheels air, pasm, and p steering plus probably due to the lower profile rubber and the wifes athritic fingers,, (love her)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
YorkshireDave

Post by YorkshireDave »

That is the combo I have on my diesel S (21's, air (includes pasm), power steering plus). All great but do wonder sometimes if I would have had an even more comfortable ride on 20's or even 19's. It is very pleasant and not harsh just a thought even with my 18 way seats and ptv. Cannot fault the looks or cornering though.
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Good to know dave ,, air , plus, and 21"rubber, , but the steel pasm and 20"spiders can still be harsh on a concrete road, quite jarring even in comfort , I think thats where air becomes the upgrade , eg on very rough terrain/roads?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
YorkshireDave

Post by YorkshireDave »

I do not like a harsh ride so the air makes the 21" viable for me and though I have not scuffed the alloys to date over 6000 miles on very rough terrain/roads 21" will not be the best. I have several stone chips on bonnet and a few mystery general driving scratches on the car now though and they show on metallic black😣 Hated all those gritter lorries!!!
Simon

Post by Simon »

White is great after 12000 miles on air and 21" is very comfortable.
Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

My concerns driving demo cars with steel and air, psam and 20s was that the ride was a little harsher than my E class. Also slightley more road noise and stiffer steering. So I specced Air/psam, 19s and power steering plus which I hope will give a very smooth ride in comfort mode but stiffen up well in sport plus. Oh, and replacement tyres will be a bit cheaper Smile!
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015