Picked up a screw

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
IPKnightly2

Post by IPKnightly2 »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:23 pm
Simon9999 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:04 am ....... sure I’ve read that Porsche won’t counternance a repair, so new tyre (after 4000 miles 😡). No doubt they won’t have a tyre in stock, so how am I placed to get a temporary repair while I wait for stock ? I do have collapsed spare in boot, if required.
Yes, I've heard that mantra too and I suspect an OPC wouldn't actually DO a repair, however, I think the idea is that Porsche build high performance racing machines and, if that's how you use yours, largely on the track and near its limits, then maybe a new tyre is safest but if, like the rest of us you tootle about and rarely near the limits there's no issue about a repair (bearing in mind the wise advice above) it MAY get a comment if spotted when the car goes in for a service but maybe not. Regardless, before you do anything, price up a replacement (after only 4k miles you're not going to need a pair) so Kwik Fit don't blag you with a rip off price!
Fully agree…my OPC confirmed they are not allowed to repair tyres but if it’s safe to do so get a reputable repairer to do it…he said it’s not going to make a difference on a Macan or it’s warranty etc but said his advice would be different on a 911 GT3 used for track days!
2023 Macan S

PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Simon9999 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:41 pm Many thanks to everyone for the fast replies. Kwikfit too busy this afternoon but booked in first thing tomorrow. They thought should be repairable 🤞 but gave me the story of bloke who picked up a screw in his new M4 on the drive home from dealer pickup.
Just check Kwik Fit on-line price for tyre replacement and screenshot on your phone just in case it is not repairable.

Their ‘walk-in’ price is much higher than their on-line price, but if you show them the on-line, in my experience, they will honour the on-line price.

Good luck.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
Simon9999

Post by Simon9999 »

Thanks again. All good now - repaired for £35 and on my way after 30 mins. Slightly better than the Kwikfit online replacement cost of £263 (Pirelli P Zero 295/35 21Y Porsche N0) 😊
Simon

Macan S - June 2023 build
http://www.porsche-code.com/PR5NCS10
robbie

Post by robbie »

Simon9999 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:41 pm Many thanks to everyone for the fast replies. Kwikfit too busy this afternoon but booked in first thing tomorrow. They thought should be repairable 🤞 but gave me the story of bloke who picked up a screw in his new M4 on the drive home from dealer pickup.
I had 3 punctures on my last Macan, all fixed by ETB at £20 a time, NO OPC will repair a tyre so you have to take it outside their network if you want a repair rather than a new tyre. At your next service they will flag it as an observation and tell you/highly recommend that you replace your tyre. But as said previously plugs are perfectly save for normal driving conditions
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018