Just joined the forum - shopping for a Turbo!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

adam b wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:34 pm
Bomber wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:18 am
Pythongrün wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:46 am

I presume you’ve seen the shiny black Turbo for sale on this very forum?
Yes I’ve spotted that one and actually have it saved. That’s about my budget - but a PP version can be achieved at that price point, so I’m trying to stay focussed on one of those at the moment.
Just reduced by £2,000 for quick sale ;)

I am 2nd owner for last 5 years.

Genuinely curious where you have seen similar spec and miles PP cars for same price as I researched before pricing mine.
Very tempting!

A friend of mine sold his ‘67 plate PP last month for £35k. Spec very good, albeit no air suspension, or 21’s and it had just hit 50k - but it had year of Porsche warranty on it.
2017 Macan Turbo Performance - Volcano Grey

Bomber

Post by Bomber »

Wing Commander wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:33 am
Bomber wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:22 am
Wing Commander wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:44 am

Maybe try texting them instead, if it’s a mobile number? Some might be more inclined to reply to a text than to answer a ringing phone…?
It’s through AutoTrader - so isn’t their actual number. I’ve left a voicemail but that’s all I can do.
Frustrating as I have very little spare time at the moment and they seem keen to sell as the price has been dropping.
Maybe they’re spending quality time with their Mum on Mother’s Day. ;)

Hopefully they’ll get back to you later today… 🤞🏼
Got hold of the seller today. It seems Autotrader call system has him flummoxed or is rubbish. He has notification of calls but can’t see them, and hasn’t got any voicemails!
Anyway car still for sale but he’s off on holiday for 2 months (!) so pulling the ad for the time being as there’s no time for viewing or doing a deal before he goes! He has my details now though at least.
adam b

Post by adam b »

Bomber wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:49 am
adam b wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:34 pm
Bomber wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:18 am

Yes I’ve spotted that one and actually have it saved. That’s about my budget - but a PP version can be achieved at that price point, so I’m trying to stay focussed on one of those at the moment.
Just reduced by £2,000 for quick sale ;)

I am 2nd owner for last 5 years.

Genuinely curious where you have seen similar spec and miles PP cars for same price as I researched before pricing mine.
Very tempting!

A friend of mine sold his ‘67 plate PP last month for £35k. Spec very good, albeit no air suspension, or 21’s and it had just hit 50k - but it had year of Porsche warranty on it.
That seems cheap, was that to a dealer or private buyer?

It has 50% more miles than mine and missing some of my expensive options which I guess counters the PP and warranty to some extent.

Anyway mine is available and open to sensible offers, good luck with your search
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

Had my eye on this particular one when the ad went live but before it even had any pictures. Reached out for info and had nothing but good dialogue with the dealer.
Had limited opportunity to go and see it, but by chance last Saturday I found myself with a couple of hours to kill so called to see if it was still available, and headed straight to it.
Couldn’t find fault with it - for what will be a 7year old car next month.

Slightly higher miles than I’d like, but by no means high for the age, and it’s seems well cared for (to my eye), with FPSH, and just 2 owners.
Had a short test drive, and then made the decision the following day, and secured it basically for the bottom end of my budget.

Collected and drove it home last, so if anyone saw a Macan Turbo driving erratically on the M40 at about 8pm, that would have been me trying to figure out how stuff works :lol:

2017 Turbo Performance, Volcano Grey, Turbo Interior, Air Suspension, Pano Roof and a bunch of other stuff.

IMG_6969.jpeg

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Very nice 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Congratulations - looks very nice.

Did you buy from an OPC?

More info/pictures required!
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
crockers

Post by crockers »

Inside pics too. 😀👍
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Congrats, Bomber! Very smart indeed! 😎

Enjoy! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

PJV997 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:01 pm Congratulations - looks very nice.

Did you buy from an OPC?

More info/pictures required!
Got it from an independent. Nothing in the OPC inventory fitted the bill or budget. Though I’m surprised by the number of high mile, high owner number cars they have on sale - they must have paid cheaply for those through trade-in!

I had planned on getting a black one from a private seller, but the more I thought about it the more I was turned off of a black car, so focussed on finding a grey one.
This one has the Performance kit so instantly gains the sports exhaust, lowered steel springs, PASM, 21” Turbo design alloys and sports chrono package, +40bhp.

After that it’s been spec’d with the ‘Turbo interior package in Rhodium’ (black leather, with Alcantara seat centres, arm rest, gear gaiter and door armrests, and the carbon trim pieces). It’s got a heated alcantara steering wheel too.

Add then the more regular additions;
Air suspension, panoramic roof, heated front seats, sport design mirrors, speed limit indicator, LED PDLS plus headlights, tinted rear lights, privacy glass, park assist with reversing camera, lane keeping assist, connect plus, black roof rails and exterior package, auto dimming mirrors, light comfort package, full colour wheel centre caps, aluminium fuel filler cap, and a rubber boot mat!

I’ll take some interior pics at the weekend before I fill it with dog beds and other day to day essentials :)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Just for clarity is this one of the 276 Macan Turbo PP currently licensed in the UK (and 3 on SORN)?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver