OPC Recommendations for Servicing Up North

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Preston are my nearest and are very good.

South Lakes in Carnforth were very good and it is these who I bought from. I used to have them service mine and only move because Preston opened.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

Reading all these good experiences….

In your experience:
Are literally all good reasonable OPCs up north
Or are there any good ones near London….
-----------------------------
On order : 992 Carrera S
Current : 2024 Macan

Ex cars:
2018 White Audi A5 45 TSFI Quattro Coupe
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT
2016 Silver Chrysler 300 SRT
ALooS

Post by ALooS »

No good ones around London. In my experience they are all expensive and pretentious! Reading/Guildford/West London all owned by Porsche. For context Reading hourly labour rate is £290.
GTB

Post by GTB »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

When I woke up this morning and read the title of this post, I had to check to see if a huge seismic event had happened overnight and the whole landmass of Scotland had seperated from the rest of the mainland UK!!

From my knowledge there are four OPC's "Up North" and they are Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth and Aberdeen.

The ones being mentioned on the thread all appear to be down "South" from where I live.

Thanks for the posts, you really are all firing me up for attending the rugby at Murrayfield this weekend :D :D :D

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
2japs

Post by 2japs »

GTB wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:11 am Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

When I woke up this morning and read the title of this post, I had to check to see if a huge seismic event had happened overnight and the whole landmass of Scotland had seperated from the rest of the mainland UK!!

From my knowledge there are four OPC's "Up North" and they are Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth and Aberdeen.

The ones being mentioned on the thread all appear to be down "South" from where I live.

Thanks for the posts, you really are all firing me up for attending the rugby at Murrayfield this weekend :D :D :D

Cheers GTB
Para 1
That’s what the SNP are hoping for!
Para 2
Are they any good ?
Para 3
They are down south for me as well , I live in Newcastle.
Para 4
Enjoy Murrayfield, had many a good time there, used to at stay at the Murrayfield Hotel. Great atmosphere 👍
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

GTB wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:11 am Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Cheers GTB

Scotland is not up Norf, its Scotland.

Up Norf is the land mass from south of the River Mersey over to South of the River Humber up to the sadly now defunct Hadrians Wall.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Nope Norf, is norf of Morecambe Bay and the Humber and Sarf of the Tweed.

All this southern rubbish about Manchester...................its the Midlands..........
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

ALooS wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:42 am No good ones around London. In my experience they are all expensive and pretentious! Reading/Guildford/West London all owned by Porsche. For context Reading hourly labour rate is £290.
Thanks that helps...
Best probably to go outside those then....
-----------------------------
On order : 992 Carrera S
Current : 2024 Macan

Ex cars:
2018 White Audi A5 45 TSFI Quattro Coupe
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT
2016 Silver Chrysler 300 SRT
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

I got the car from Nottingham, but now use Hull, been happy with them so far. They don’t seem to have many courtesy cars but are happy to collect and return if you can manage without your car for a day, they even picked up the Humber bridge toll and didn’t charge me for it!
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Pythongrün wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:52 pm Just wondering if there are any OPC’s a reasonable distance from Leeds that aren’t utterly useless? Might be a long short, but surely someone must be getting good service somewhere?
So what have you decided?
Col
Macan Turbo