Main dealer damaged my car

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Do you have a picture of the damage - preferably a close up?

robbie

Post by robbie »

If it has been repaired before, then it might be possible to check whether the work is still under some kind of warranty with the body shop who did the work, if it was undertaken by OPC Leicester's approved bodyshop then as Jon A mentions above I would look to take it back to them to sort it out. I appreciate a lot of body shop repair warranties can be short ie: 3 months, but it might be worth at least checking this out.
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018
Red Gauntlet

Post by Red Gauntlet »

Yes a body shop did inspect it and showed me the report, there was considerably more thickness of paint in some places, if it was the original paint they would have done it under the Porsche warranty.
From the shop:
"I have taken paint readings – see images.
The paint reading on the roof 140 microns is factory standard.
The paint readings on the bonnet from 243 to 362 microns indicate the bonnet has been repainted.
In our opinion the paint is bubbling in the area pointed out, indicating a poor repair with moisture trapped underneath.
Hope this helps."
Red Gauntlet

Post by Red Gauntlet »

thumbnail_IMG_1358.jpg

andreas

Post by andreas »

You've had a horrible, and thankfully unusual, experience. If Leicester sold you the car with Porsche Approved warranty, they should have carried out a 111-point check first. You say the car had a suspect service history - this should have been noted and they wouldn't have been able to issue the Porsche warranty. You now find the car may also have had a substandard paint job prior to your buying it - again this should have been noted on a 111-point check and warranty declined.

Your experience with Bournemouth is almost comical; how on earth they could make such a mess of things is astonishing.

If I were in your shoes, I'd take the car to a Porsche-approved bodyshop and get them to fix the paint. If there are remaining water ingress issues, get them to fix those too. Pay for it yourself. Then sue Leicester and Bournemouth OPCs jointly, it's well within the County Court Small Claims limit. Sue for loss of use too (or hire a replacement car and sue for the cost of that). In my experience of County Court claims, the whole sorry saga would more than likely lead a judge to find in your favour. Actually, what's more likely is that Leicester and/or Bournemouth will simply settle to avoid the cost and potential adverse publicity of being dragged into court.

The fact that Porsche GB have made a conditional offer to you will strengthen your claim.

You don't need a solicitor to issue a County Court claim, and it sounds as if your solicitor isn't keen to get involved anyway! The important thing is to set out your claim in a totally factual way, and as simply as possible (eg short numbered paragraphs) so the judge (if it gets that far) can easily navigate the salient points. I've done this a number of times, only one of which failed to get me everything I'd asked for. If I can help further in any way, please message me.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Red Gauntlet

Post by Red Gauntlet »

ps.JPG

ps1.JPG

ps2.JPG

ps3.JPG

The 111 point check and the lack of proper servicing is demonstrated in the service history which was only made available to me recently after a lot of hankering.
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Very strange as Bournemouth look after both my cars and I find them okay especially since they moved to the new facility.
However, I would never let any garage wash my car after servicing!
Who is your service adviser?
Have you emailed a formal complaint to the DP, PM me if you want his direct email.
If no success, Bournemouth are owned by Inchcape and overseen by Portsmouth an email. To Portsmouth's DP will certainly get attention.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Red Gauntlet wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:59 pm thumbnail_IMG_1358.jpg
Trust me, after 20 odd years in a previous life painting cars, that is not a good paint job and certainly not what I would consider to be appropriate for the standard of car. My personal opinion would be - as others have said - to go back to Leicester in the first instance

Can we see the jet wash damage?
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

MooseMiller wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:38 pm
Red Gauntlet wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:59 pm thumbnail_IMG_1358.jpg
Trust me, after 20 odd years in a previous life painting cars, that is not a good paint job and certainly not what I would consider to be appropriate for the standard of car. My personal opinion would be - as others have said - to go back to Leicester in the first instance

Can we see the jet wash damage?
Agree, that looks like poor preparation before painting not jet wash damage🤔
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
Red Gauntlet

Post by Red Gauntlet »

The car went into the garage in perfect condition for a water leak that was persistent, you can actually see, but not very well represented in the picture a clear sweep where a jet wash lance has scoured the paint and caused it to lift in an arc. They jet washed the car for several days trying to establish where the problem lay, I did not request a car wash. I agree that the paint is poor and should never had attained the 111 point check. I am really pleased with the responses so far as this has been very frustrating for me. I shall be approaching the OPC's on Monday with new vigour.