Miami Blue

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

I used the Miami Blue car you are looking at whilst my GTS was in Bournemouth for a week having the PCM analysed and replaced.
I absolutely loved the colour whilst my wife hated it. But by the time we handed it back over she was sold and we were both really sad to see it go. Even my neighbours who are Porsche enthusiasts really liked the colour.
It is a superbly specced car...far too high spec for an S but if you can get it at the right price my advice is go for it.
It was up a few months ago at £85k so is coming down nicely to a realistic price. I am also tempted🤔

IMG_20230911_130331014_HDR.jpg

2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White

shakeyjake

Post by shakeyjake »

[/quote]

How is it in the snow and ice?
Winter tyres on?
[/quote]

The Macan in general is great in the snow and ice. Last year I was caught off guard with 21” summer tyres in a freak -20 storm in Poland and it was a bit dicey.

I am currently working and living in the alps so I purchased a set of wheels and tyres on this forum, and I can honestly say the difference is night and day. If you’re driving in temperatures <6 Celsius, you can really feel the difference, and in snow the grip is great.
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

fidlerbird wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:39 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm +1. Not much of a salesperson!?

What are they trying to sell you instead of the Miami Blue Macan?

And welcome to our friendly forum. :)
It's a choice between the Miami blue and the Papaya. Both ex demonstrators and similar price. I have a slot for a new build in March but I have lost so much on my current car I was looking at not brand new this time. Will probably have it about 18 months I would think
Miami over Papaya any day of those two Bournemouth cars for colour and spec.
dlgis

Post by dlgis »

There’s a MB Gen2 S coming up for sale on Collecting Cars - nothing to do with me, but might be of interest to somebody.
Darryl
Macan GTS 2023
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

JurassicGTS wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:38 am I used the Miami Blue car you are looking at whilst my GTS was in Bournemouth for a week having the PCM analysed and replaced.
I absolutely loved the colour whilst my wife hated it. But by the time we handed it back over she was sold and we were both really sad to see it go. Even my neighbours who are Porsche enthusiasts really liked the colour.
It is a superbly specced car...far too high spec for an S but if you can get it at the right price my advice is go for it.
It was up a few months ago at £85k so is coming down nicely to a realistic price. I am also tempted🤔

That looks stunning with the 911 Turbo wheels! 😍
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

JurassicGTS wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:09 am
Wing Commander wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm +1. Not much of a salesperson!?

What are they trying to sell you instead of the Miami Blue Macan?

And welcome to our friendly forum. :)
It's a choice between the Miami blue and the Papaya. Both ex demonstrators and similar price. I have a slot for a new build in March but I have lost so much on my current car I was looking at not brand new this time. Will probably have it about 18 months I would think
I'd take the Carrara White over both and save £7k if you're only keeping it for 18 months.
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:24 pm
JurassicGTS wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:09 am

I'd take the Carrara White over both and save £7k if you're only keeping it for 18 months.
Nah! Whites boring😉 I do love the wheels on it though😍
I would negotiate the Miami Blue down to close to the White one as the OPC salesman has already admitted it's a marmite colour😂😂
The MB is a stunning lookiing car in the flesh.
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:13 pm
JurassicGTS wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:38 am I used the Miami Blue car you are looking at whilst my GTS was in Bournemouth for a week having the PCM analysed and replaced.

That looks stunning with the 911 Turbo wheels! 😍
👍Really tempted myself as a replacement for my Carmine GTS🤔
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

dlgis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:40 am There’s a MB Gen2 S coming up for sale on Collecting Cars - nothing to do with me, but might be of interest to somebody.
I would tidy up all the dust debris before I put photos up on CC, and what is happening with all the mould around the fuel filler?
Bit of a base spec also, be interesting to see what it fetches.
carbonblack

Post by carbonblack »

That car was on autotrader but I forgot the price and as you say poor spec.