New potential owner

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Woodhouse wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:44 am Seat memory - even if you’re the only driver, every time it goes near Porsche, tyre fitter etc it’s useful to get back to your normal driving position, especially as the seats seem almost infinitely adjustable.
In my case, that is once every 2yrs so I am not prepared to spec it.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:44 am
Woodhouse wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:44 am Seat memory - even if you’re the only driver, every time it goes near Porsche, tyre fitter etc it’s useful to get back to your normal driving position, especially as the seats seem almost infinitely adjustable.
Understandable but I would have thought that for £200 it’s worth it just for when you clean and hoover the car. In my case every two to three weeks.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Jon A wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:16 am
SAC1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:44 am
Understandable but I would have thought that for £200 it’s worth it just for when you clean and hoover the car. In my case every two to three weeks.
Never had the need in 6+ yrs of Macan ownership. We're just not that dirty! :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
ExV8

Post by ExV8 »

Thanks so far. The seat memory definitely needs to be added.

The fuel cap was chosen as a bit of a joke, that every time I fill up I’ll laugh at speccing it.
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

wab172uk wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:50 am For me, I’d add the spare wheel.

Have a sit in some different seats. The 18 way seats are brilliant.

Also, I’d get rid of the gloss black trim. It is very very shiny and reflects badly. We had a demo car on a sunny day, and my other half spent quite some time with her hand in front of her, stopping the reflection dazzling her.
Most women hate the 18 way seats. Go 14 way, less of a side bolster to hoist bums over. 18 ways make you feel you're sitting in a vice, even on the most relaxed setting. Try both but make sure SHE tries both too or you'll get an ear full!

Did you put in the heated steering wheel?
andreas

Post by andreas »

DJMCUK wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:45 pm

Most women hate the 18 way seats. Go 14 way, less of a side bolster to hoist bums over. 18 ways make you feel you're sitting in a vice, even on the most relaxed setting. Try both but make sure SHE tries both too or you'll get an ear full!
My wife's very happy with our 18-way seats, which I think are incredibly comfortable.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

andreas wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:38 pm
DJMCUK wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:45 pm

My wife's very happy with our 18-way seats, which I think are incredibly comfortable.
I guess it all depends on how plump the bum is :lol:

My other half feels very comfy in the 18's and actually has the bolsters much more aggressive than I do.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I think height is more of the issue. I'm 5,8 and found the 18s very annoying on the first car I drove. Then had a demo with 14s and they were just so much easier to jump in and out of. If you're over 6 ft then probably either will work.
Macan S MY 2023
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

Welcome! I really like CRM but my wife didn't - said it was "old man". So we have Gentian Blue, which she picked instead (obviously fortunately I also really like it).

Tips? Having tried a GTS with and without it (and both on 21s), I'd say the Power Steering Plus is a must - it's just unnecessarily heavy without it.

I have the 18 way seats and they are very comfortable, but anyone short (including my wife) hates them, so might go for the 14 ways if doing it again.

Heated steering wheel is one of those "where have you been all my life" options.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Nice reserved spec. 👍
Put my tupence worth in.

If sticking with 8way get the memory function, I use every time I get in and out of the car.

You have the heated screen so I guess the car is parked outside, also get the heated steering wheel, both are great.

IMO if you have privacy glass you don’t need auto dimming, I’ve never even used the manual dimming.

CRM does look fab in sunlight but not so much in dull weather, but hey so does my Gentian Blue!

PS+ is useful for low speed parking and one of the cheapest Porsche options 😄

Spare wheel again not expensive

The above won’t add much to your final price. Enjoy the tinkering before locking down 👍
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)