Chester Porsche @ Cheshire Oaks

All your ordering information here!
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:27 pm
Toddie wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:11 pm You may be interested to know that Sytner group is owned by Penske Automotive Group in the USA. The have owned Sytner since 2002.

Soddin Yankies, that explains a lot.

I also avoid all things American as far as possible.

Ever since I found out that the USA customers were given preferential treatment by Porsche with their orders, typical wait for a custom build was six weeks plus delivery where here in the UK our wait was typically 36 weeks plus delivery. They also have brand new Lot Cars, that is cars pre-configured with a certain batch or Options so the spoilt brats can drive in and drive out in a new Porsche.
Aye, they love to take over, flooding British life with all there money making schemes.
Baby Showers
School proms
Pumpkin replacing the good old turnip on Halloween
Trick or treat
Hershey and Reese’s choc and confectionery rubbish filling the shelves.
Still could be worse and have Trump as president, oh dear USA elections this year 🙈

But we have a special relationship with them 🤔
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)

Blackhole128

Post by Blackhole128 »

Was there today to drop my car off for a few things to be looked-at. Service was decent as normal. Have to say I'm sad to see Rybrook give up on the dealership as they were excellent with me when I made my purchase and you never know what the new regime will be like.
2019 Macan S Gen2 with lots of toys.
Audi TT TFSI Quattro S-Tronic from new for 7 years.
BMW Z4 Sdrive23i (folding hard top) for 4 years.
Mazda MX-5 (folding hard top) for 4 years.
Toyota MR-2 Gen3 for 140000 miles.
Mazda RX-7 Gen 2 for 3 engines :D
Alan Ellis

Post by Alan Ellis »

Unfortunately went to Chester today as my rear windscreen washer was not working or electric windows .. they fixed the software fault but the washer would still not work and want 900 for fixing on a 13 month old car

They say it’s not covered by the warranty I did not know washer pipe was a consumable
Macan GTS 2022/22 - Silver - wife’s car on order
Macan GTS 2021 - Carmine Red
Macan S, 2019 - White
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Speak to PGB about the washer. My OPC fixed mine FOC but I had reported it to PGB anyway as they really need to fix this design fault. They were talking about a remedy when the OPC DP kindly stepped up
PGB also gave me a £300 goodwill gesture as I'd complained "in such a pleasant manner."
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Alan Ellis wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:16 pm Unfortunately went to Chester today as my rear windscreen washer was not working or electric windows .. they fixed the software fault but the washer would still not work and want 900 for fixing on a 13 month old car

They say it’s not covered by the warranty I did not know washer pipe was a consumable
Bullshitting liars as usual. They will try to wriggle out out of everything! That is exactly why will not pay £200 per hour and use these idiots. Get it done elsewhere for half the price and then send PGB a small county court claim - they will soon soon pay up.
gbj1

Post by gbj1 »

Alan Ellis wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:16 pm Unfortunately went to Chester today as my rear windscreen washer was not working or electric windows .. they fixed the software fault but the washer would still not work and want 900 for fixing on a 13 month old car

oh dear! How have you left things?

Was going to wait until mine goes in there next month before checking that they will cover this (I've already been told it's no longer covered but was going to wait before arguing the point).

Will have to plan my strategy!!
gbj1

Post by gbj1 »

Just sent a polite emailing "to check that Porsche have agreed to cover the cost, as previously" - probably Monday before I hear back but fingers crossed.
Pythongrün

Post by Pythongrün »

Chester were great when we bought our Cayenne in 2016. GTS is from Silverstone. Our SE has been excellent thus far, but it won’t realistically be going there for service or warranty work. I have had far more hassles with JCT600 who are quite dominant in Yorkshire.
slkporsche

Post by slkporsche »

From my experience I would never use an OPC from the Sytner group. Whenever I have obtained service quotes from Silverstone on my wife’s Macan they were always the highest, hence my using Cambridge instead.
And more recently with my 718 Mid Sussex were the highest again for a year 6 service so took the car instead to Portsmouth who not only were brilliant with their customer service but also gave a 10% discount for being a PCGB member.
So I would tend to agree with others about Sytner being expensive.
Macan S Impulse Red Metallic (Hers)
718 Cayman Racing Yellow (His)
Pythongrün

Post by Pythongrün »

2japs wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:45 pm Aye, they love to take over, flooding British life with all there money making schemes.
Baby Showers
School proms
Pumpkin replacing the good old turnip on Halloween
Trick or treat
Hershey and Reese’s choc and confectionery rubbish filling the shelves.
Still could be worse and have Trump as president, oh dear USA elections this year 🙈

But we have a special relationship with them 🤔
Don’t forget my personal favourite - The Gender Reveal 🤣