Test drive booked

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

crockers wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:20 am To get a feel I’d look at autotrader. Work out the new price and see what a used one is going for. Then do the same for the Macan.
Not been out long enough for that and I suspect as barely anybody has bought one then there is a very small market too
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S

crockers

Post by crockers »

Tracky wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:41 am
crockers wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:20 am To get a feel I’d look at autotrader. Work out the new price and see what a used one is going for. Then do the same for the Macan.
Not been out long enough for that and I suspect as barely anybody has bought one then there is a very small market too
Quite a few on autotrader.
andreas

Post by andreas »

crockers wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:09 am

Yes, but they're mainly new or demo cars, at a big discount because dealers can't give the things away! Perhaps an indication of future value?
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
crockers

Post by crockers »

andreas wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:29 am
crockers wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:09 am

Yes, but they're mainly new or demo cars, at a big discount because dealers can't give the things away! Perhaps an indication of future value?
Exactly 👍
carbonblack

Post by carbonblack »

I have been looking at Gen 3 cars (2021)lately and with a good spec, they are selling.

Is the Gen 3 worth the extra over the 2?
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

We went Gen 2 specifically to avoid haptic buttons and to retain coasting feature.

Had two Gen 3 week long loaners since and haptics are easy to switch accidentally. I'd guess you'd be able to avoid doing this in the longer term.
I'm used to coasting in my 981 and like it but newcomers in a Gen 3 wouldn't notice it isn't there.

Gen 3 has different, slightly more powerful, engines of course, but our Gen 2 S with 354bhp is ample.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

DJMCUK wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:32 am We went Gen 2 specifically to avoid haptic buttons and to retain coasting feature.

Had two Gen 3 week long loaners since and haptics are easy to switch accidentally. I'd guess you'd be able to avoid doing this in the longer term.
I'm used to coasting in my 981 and like it but newcomers in a Gen 3 wouldn't notice it isn't there.

Gen 3 has different, slightly more powerful, engines of course, but our Gen 2 S with 354bhp is ample.
Thought Gen 3's had coasting 🤔
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Before we bought, OPC advised Gen3 doesn't have this feature.

Couldn't get it to work in Gen3 base and S loan cars recently. Over a week in each car.

See also: viewtopic.php?t=13064

Hit and miss?
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

DJMCUK wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:17 pm Before we bought, OPC advised Gen3 doesn't have this feature.

Couldn't get it to work in Gen3 base and S loan cars recently. Over a week in each car.

See also: viewtopic.php?t=13064

Hit and miss?
Coasting should still work on Gen 3 but you have to instigate it manually (by up shifting beyond highest possible gear).

It was the automatic engagement of coasting that was disabled for Gen 3 (although some Gen 3 owners report that it works, so maybe it was introduced some time after Gen 3 launch).

A number of conditions have to be met for it to activate e.g. I don’t think it works in Sport mode
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Coasting only works in our Gen2 and 981 in auto stop/start mode and not in Sport mode.

No upshifting needed. I'm guessing neither I, the OPC, or other posters knew of the conditions to make it work in Gen3?

But then it's odd OPC Cambs told the member in the link above: "After consulting with Porsche GB and who then contacted Germany it has come back that Porsche have disabled this function because of legal reasons."

You'd think PGB would know?

But then there are other "odd" issues, like the popping off rear washer valve/T piece which can't cope with "external influences" i.e. cold.

And the vibrations as certain rev ranges reported to... OPC Cambs again ( viewtopic.php?t=7288&start=30 ) where the member was advised:

“Hi Mark, this is a characteristic. It is felt under acceleration/ High load, V6 Petrol only between 2,000 to 3,000rpm. This is a combination of Engine/Exhaust characteristic to give the car a more sporty nature combined with a shaker which is bolted to the firewall behind the dashboard which also adds to this characteristic. After testing several Macan II 3.0 V6 they all have this same characteristic, this is to confirm this is not a fault, no action is required.”

The shaker is the soundaktor but the 2019 Macan S wasn't fitted with a soundaktor so that's yet more spin from somewhere.

It all smacks of either ignorance at OPC and PGB level or known, often reported issues which Porsche don't wish to deal with for fear of costly recalls.
We've all heard "they all do that sir" I'm sure.