Woohoo - got my allocation and build slot

All your ordering information here!
Kiernan

Post by Kiernan »

Having posted on here in September when I put down my deposit, got a call yesterday to confirm that I've got an allocation and a request for my final build spec as soon as possible.

Not one to mess around, went in and agreed the order today, so hopefully my car should be built in February, and ready for delivery sometime in March for the new plate. Not at all bothered about the new reg. as I'll be putting on my personal plate, but it should work out well as I'm not keen on picking up my shiny new toy in February as the weather is still pretty horrible. It's been quite good having a few months to consider exactly how I want my car to look as the initial order was for Volcano Grey, but having seen a few around I've decided that it has to be Carmine Red. I have a 991.2 GTS in the same colour and I absolutely love it, so I'll have matching cars.

Everything else is pretty much as per my original spec, but I've ended up spending too much money. My thinking is that this will be a keeper as the last ICE Macan, so what the hell.

Getting quite excited now, so just got to get through the winter months before I can pick up the new motor.

Oh, for those who are interested, the code is PRQX18B8
2024 Macan GTS - Carmine Red
2017 911 Carrera GTS - Carmine Red
You could say I like Carmine Red

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

You share my view on Volcano! Yes, spent a few quid but you can't take it with you and I could live with the result and the matching 991 for that matter :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Wow - that's a punchy spec for sure! That's going to be a fantastic car. Great to see PTV+ specced - mine has it and I think it's a great option to make the car feel even more sporty. You'll love it - congrats
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Looks great, is comfort / keyless a good idea though given all the thefts?
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Very nice spec πŸ‘πŸ‘
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Kiernan wrote: ↑Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:49 pm Having posted on here in September when I put down my deposit, got a call yesterday to confirm that I've got an allocation and a request for my final build spec as soon as possible.

Not one to mess around, went in and agreed the order today, so hopefully my car should be built in February, and ready for delivery sometime in March for the new plate. Not at all bothered about the new reg. as I'll be putting on my personal plate, but it should work out well as I'm not keen on picking up my shiny new toy in February as the weather is still pretty horrible. It's been quite good having a few months to consider exactly how I want my car to look as the initial order was for Volcano Grey, but having seen a few around I've decided that it has to be Carmine Red. I have a 991.2 GTS in the same colour and I absolutely love it, so I'll have matching cars.

Everything else is pretty much as per my original spec, but I've ended up spending too much money. My thinking is that this will be a keeper as the last ICE Macan, so what the hell.

Getting quite excited now, so just got to get through the winter months before I can pick up the new motor.

Oh, for those who are interested, the code is PRQX18B8
Nice. Did the OPC have any concrete news about the end of the ICE Macan?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Congrats on your build slot. Now the wait really starts !

That's one hell of a spec and price.
Kiernan

Post by Kiernan »

PorscheMack wrote: ↑Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:56 am
Not really. I asked but I get the impression that they don't really know. He suggested that they'll probably continue producing them into the second half of 2024, possibly as a 2025 model, but didn't really have anything concrete.

He did say that they're getting quite a few orders from people who just want the final ICE Macan, and that sounds about right from what I've read on here. Either way, the new EV Macan is going to have to sell really well to fill the massive hole in sales following the stopping of ICE Macan production. We'll see.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Kiernan wrote: ↑Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:31 am
PorscheMack wrote: ↑Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:56 am
Not really. I asked but I get the impression that they don't really know. He suggested that they'll probably continue producing them into the second half of 2024, possibly as a 2025 model, but didn't really have anything concrete.

He did say that they're getting quite a few orders from people who just want the final ICE Macan, and that sounds about right from what I've read on here. Either way, the new EV Macan is going to have to sell really well to fill the massive hole in sales following the stopping of ICE Macan production. We'll see.
Yep. Guess on that basis a March 2024 car will technically not be a last production order but it'll be pretty close. Wouldn't be surprised if Porsche sneak in a price rise before too long to try and make the EV look more attractive!!
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Kiernan

Post by Kiernan »

wab172uk wrote: ↑Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:20 am Congrats on your build slot. Now the wait really starts !

That's one hell of a spec and price.
Not a problem waiting as I've got something fun to run around in over the winter months. Sold my X3M Competition when I paid my deposit as I didn't want to have such a large amount of cash in a depreciating asset until the new car arrives. Plus, when you've decided to move something on, it's best to do it asap and I fancied something small and light weight.

Behold the mighty VW Up! GTI. It's great fun and so cheap to run - I achieved just under 60mpg going to the NEC last week for the Classic Motorshow
download/file.php?mode=view&id=20021

IMG_8445.jpg