Rear Seat Ventilation Controls

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

Want to check I am not missing anything here...

I have just discovered that my rear seat ventilation does not seem to be working. I am talking about the vents coming out the central tunnel for the rear passengers.

Having never sat in the back when the car has been in use it's not something I have ever noticed, but by chance last week I was in the back. No air coming out (despite moving the rotating bezel), also the temperature control is not illuminated either which I think it should be.

Want to check before I take it up with the OPC that I am not doing something dumb in terms of activating the controls?

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Check whether the rear seat controls are locked by the driver’s controls. If yes then windows, ventilation and seat heating are all disabled.

For your model check the manual in My Porsche.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Guy

Post by Guy »

pstrat wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:14 am Want to check I am not missing anything here...

I have just discovered that my rear seat ventilation does not seem to be working. I am talking about the vents coming out the central tunnel for the rear passengers.

Having never sat in the back when the car has been in use it's not something I have ever noticed, but by chance last week I was in the back. No air coming out (despite moving the rotating bezel), also the temperature control is not illuminated either which I think it should be.

Want to check before I take it up with the OPC that I am not doing something dumb in terms of activating the controls?
In addition to what Nick said above ...

When I had my 2015 Macan (with 3-zone heating), if you had the front seat settings only to footwell (button pressed with arrow to feet), then rear heat only comes out of the rear vents under the seats. Also, when you use front defrosting mode, the air supply to the rear is temporarily disabled.
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:36 am Check whether the rear seat controls are locked by the driver’s controls. If yes then windows, ventilation and seat heating are all disabled.

This was it!
Didn't know the child lock disabled that entire rear vent, thought it was just the windows. Thanks!
Raj24v

Post by Raj24v »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:36 am Check whether the rear seat controls are locked by the driver’s controls. If yes then windows, ventilation and seat heating are all disabled.

Wow. This had me going mad. Because I swear they used to work.
I bet it’s because of this. I will go out and check