Oops what have I done.

All your ordering information here!
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

crockers wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:18 pm I’ll ask if I can swap my spare over from the T. I expect they’ll say no it has to be sold as specced from the factory

Anyway do you guys think it’s well specced ??
Virtually same spec as my ex demo but I haven't got the sports exhaust.

Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

DJMCUK wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:55 pm

I've been meaning to get a collapsible spare wheel too. £1,000+ from Porsche, £300-ish off eBay etc, but I'm not sure of the correct part number. Anyone?
You'll also need the jack and the polystyrene bits.
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

I have a scissor jack, bought it for the old X1 after a bad puncture in Norfolk and a hideous ride in an AA recovery truck cab to the tyre shop in Norwich.

I read somewhere about some underbody panels on the Macan which have to be removed before accessing some of the jacking points. Is that right?
Also, does it need some kind of puck to go into a jacking point slot, between that and the jack?

Not worried about the polystyrene bits. We bought a spare for the X1 which just lay under the boot floor, hemmed in by boxed jack and other stuff.
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

DJMCUK wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:36 pm I have a scissor jack, bought it for the old X1 after a bad puncture in Norfolk and a hideous ride in an AA recovery truck cab to the tyre shop in Norwich.

I read somewhere about some underbody panels on the Macan which have to be removed before accessing some of the jacking points. Is that right?
Also, does it need some kind of puck to go into a jacking point slot, between that and the jack?

Not worried about the polystyrene bits. We bought a spare for the X1 which just lay under the boot floor, hemmed in by boxed jack and other stuff.
Jacking points are open under the sills, the points are half cyinder shape so you'll need pucks to fit. Don't know the weight of an X1 but the Macan is circa 2 tonnes, so you need a sturdy scissor jack.
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

Not sure what you mean by 'half cylinder''?

I found this video which shows the jacking points as rectangular with a rectangular female slot:

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 12.31.29.png

Looks like something like our old X1 puck would fit, as below...

s-l1600-9.jpg

I see from the video the extra covered jacking points are for floor stands, originally used in the factory for transportation whilst in build.
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

DJMCUK wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:37 pm Not sure what you mean by 'half cylinder''?

I found this video which shows the jacking points as rectangular with a rectangular female slot:

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 12.31.29.png

Looks like something like our old X1 puck would fit, as below...

s-l1600-9.jpg

I see from the video the extra covered jacking points are for floor stands, originally used in the factory for transportation whilst in build.
Sorry , still got the points from my MB C class in my brain. Flat plate as per the puck in the photo but with a half sphere bump in the middle.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

That’s a highly over specced S, Lots of extras for sure.

But if you got a good deal then great! Colour is marmite, not for me personally but as long as you enjoy it that all that matters.

£21k options on a S though is crazy - £81k new you would surely just get a GTS at that point with £9k of extras and a little extra power.
crockers

Post by crockers »

I agree. I wouldn't have specced all these options. But I'm paying substantially less than the original price. I don't how they can do it but I'm not going to object.

For me. I wouldn't spec Bose, the 21" wheels or the £4k leather. That's £7k saved. Having heard the sports exhaust that gets a tick.
Agree the colour is a Marmite one as is the dark ruby one. I'm getting to like it more. My wife loves it.

But as they are all on it then I'm willing to accept them all. 😛😛
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

crockers wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:00 pm I agree. I wouldn't have specced all these options. But I'm paying substantially less than the original price. I don't how they can do it but I'm not going to object.

For me. I wouldn't spec Bose, the 21" wheels or the £4k leather. That's £7k saved. Having heard the sports exhaust that gets a tick.
Agree the colour is a Marmite one as is the dark ruby one. I'm getting to like it more. My wife loves it.

But as they are all on it then I'm willing to accept them all. 😛😛
There’s a bunch of other S models going for £69k at Porsche centre Hatfield, list price £80k plus and they are also almost new. Seems they have excess stock/parts maybe that they are trying to sell before EV production?
crockers

Post by crockers »

Yes. I’ve been looking at them. Now I understand more why mine was so heavily reduced. I’m very pleased with the price I’m paying but it reaffirms my view that the guy buying his low specced Macan S to sell on is going to take a massive bath.