Newbie.. Sort of..

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Scott Cowan

Post by Scott Cowan »

Neil1911 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:18 pm
Scott Cowan wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:30 pm .........a three day tip back at the end of September for roughly 20 people and staff to the factory and museum in Stuttgart, with evening meal at the Christophorus restaurant above the museum.. 26 degrees during the day, sunny.. Bliss.. A true bucket list experience! Mercedes Benz museum was incredible to visit as well!!
Glad to hear you say this. I've got my name down for a PCGB Macan (10th birthday) Register visit to the Leipzig Factory next June, including a day at the Leipzig factory along with visits to the likes of Colditz and a train trip to, and tour of, Berlin possible, as well as visits to include the Porsche Museum at Stuttgart on the return journey. I went to the MB museum a few years ago, I hope Porsche can match it!
That sounds like an even more special trip Neil! The Porsche museum was magnificent, made all the more interesting as we were allowed to go “back stage” in the prep area.. which had some very very rare and interesting cars belonging to some special people. However it’s obviously nowhere near the scale of the MB museum, which if I’m honest I found more interesting. Let’s face it, the MB museum embodies not just Mercedes but the birth of the car. Seeing the first 2cyld. Vtwin, first inline four etc. was seriously fascinating, however (and I won’t spoil it for you..) Porsche had some notable firsts which I never knew about. Some pictures of the prep area of the museum..

IMG_8520.jpeg

IMG_8519.jpeg

IMG_8521.jpeg

Manual 992 GT3 Touring (due January 2024)
2014 LR Defender 110 JE Engineering restomod 4.8L V8
BMW 330E (my wife's car)
Macan Turbo

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I learnt last night (PCGB meeting @ Sheffield OPC) that the Porsche back catalogue includes a few models of tractor, single and three cylinder models included. Really getting excited now!!!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

We did the Porsche museum a few years back, excellent visit and highly recommended. We also did the factory tour after the museum. That was really great, learnt a lot, so again, do it if you get the chance. The factory will be very different now as back then there was massive construction going on to prepare for the Taycan launch.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA