New Tyres

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
MacanPNeil

Post by MacanPNeil »

Hi All,

Would like some advice / opinions please;

Front 2 tyres need replacing along with 1 rear. The remaining rear was changed about 8 months ago due to slow punture / wear so still has plently of tred but has had a punture repair carried out on it.

All 4 typres are Pirelli P Zeros. NO fitment.

Do i change all 4 to a different brand, if so whats the best out there in terms of value / durability etc. Do i go with summer or all seasons?

Do i stick with Pirelli and change 3 tyres?

If it helps the alloys are 20' turbo (black with diamond cut face).
fronts are 265 / 45 / R20 Y
rears are 295 / 40 / R20 Y

Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

MacanPNeil wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:51 pm Hi All,

Front 2 tyres need replacing along with 1 rear. The remaining rear was changed about 8 months ago due to slow punture / wear so still has plently of tred but has had a punture repair carried out on it.

Do i change all 4 to a different brand, if so whats the best out there in terms of value / durability etc. Do i go with summer or all seasons?

Definitely change 4 , Gooyear Assymetrics get good reviews and are the cheapest NO rated.
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

I’d get 4 new tyres. If you have summers stick with them, if all seasons - then depends on how happy you have been with them and the overall driving conditions you experience through the year.

I’m a habitual buyer of Michelin. Usually their most sporty road tyre (not the semi track ‘Cup’ tyres) and I have been very happy with them. Not always the cheapest but I have found that a set lasts in excess of 20,000 miles despite being on heavy M cars and enthusiastic driving.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

4 Michelin
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

PJV997 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:24 pm I’d get 4 new tyres. If you have summers stick with them, if all seasons - then depends on how happy you have been with them and the overall driving conditions you experience through the year.

I’m a habitual buyer of Michelin. Usually their most sporty road tyre (not the semi track ‘Cup’ tyres) and I have been very happy with them. Not always the cheapest but I have found that a set lasts in excess of 20,000 miles despite being on heavy M cars and enthusiastic driving.
+1
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I would replace all 4 and if you've got the room to store it, keep one as an emergency spare.

Are you happy with the Pirelli? grip / handling/ braking / longeveity? If yes, then stay with them.

Stick with "N" rated tyres, especially / essential if your Macan is still under a Porsche warranty

MICHELIN [potentially] are most durable, but are the most expensive. I got circa 20,000 miles with them with 19" on my SD.

I have 20" GOODYEAR on my GTS and I am somewhat suprised at how good they are. Prehaps a little more road noise, but grip / handling / braking are all very good. On current milege covered vs. tread depth remaining, they will acheive similar life to the MICHELIN. This despite more power and the sharper GTS handling and braking performance. AND they cost less than the MICHELIN to buy.

Do shop around, as prices vary considerably depending on the source. A good online bench mark is BLACKIRCLES and / or CAMSKILL and suprisingly HALFORDS [they also own NTA etc].
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Also worth getting a price and seeing if your OPC will match it. Sheffield did this for me, well almost, could only get within £10 of Costco, but they were less hassle and nicer surroundings!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

There are currently no All Season tyres for the Macan with Porsche N rating so stick with summers. I'm surprised you got away with changing one tyre on the rear six months ago if the other tyre on the axle now needs replacing.

You haven't said what mileage you've got out of your existing Pirellis. If you're happy with both performance and wear rate, I would stick with Pirelli.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

On-Track wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:34 pm

There are currently no All Season tyres for the Macan with Porsche N rating so stick with summers.
There are, as Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season are listed as being available in Porsche NO approved rating, in both 265/45x20 and 295/40x20 sizes, and both sizes available within 2 days from Camskill.
homerdog

Post by homerdog »

I'm changing from Pirelli to Michelin Latitude Sport 3 - been around a long time, but Porsche seem to like restricting our choice when it comes to N ratings! The Michelins seem to get decent reviews though, despite their age.