Potential GTS Buyer.............. opinion on this car ??

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
gixermark

Post by gixermark »

Hi guys - first post from a newbie..........

been looking to move into a nicer daily for quite a while (currently a 320 Merc Jeep) had been looking at Derv SQ5s as they are reasonable looking for moderate money (20-25K)

i made the 'mistake' to look (and test drive) a local Macan Turbo last wk end.... was lovely, dealer was not in the slightest bit interested in even dropping a penny, so i trotted on and have been torturing myself 24/7 ever since looking at GTS & Turbo's online.

as ever.... i started looking at stuff low 30s..... and have crept up since.

this - whilst a lot more than i ever intended to spend seems a lovely example, super miles... warranty till ed March '26 etc and obv full OPC history. looks good in photos and have got a walk around video earlier. I'm sure there are minor imperfections etc, albeit i cant see any !!

what do the resident experts think ??

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/det ... est&page=2

thanks in advance....

MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Welcome to the forum
Looks very nice to me. Nice to look at, low mileage, good options...
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The car looks decent to me but I’m assuming you’ve been comparing specs of different cars and this ticks your boxes for the price compared to other examples, so I won’t say should have X or Y as many option choices are subjective.

IMO, if you are in the market for a car of this age with a number of owners where you don’t know the history, then an official Porsche warranty is a huge benefit and so buying an OPC car with 2 year warranty is a good choice.

What I would ask the dealer is the status of consumable items, I mean:
- when is the next service due and what are the service items likely to be needed in the next 12/24 months
- what is the status of tyres
- what is the status of the brakes, both discs and pads

Then you should have some idea if you need to budget items in the next year or so and may be able to negotiate something into the purchase price.

Good luck.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

PJV997 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:28 pm Hi and welcome to the forum.

The car looks decent to me but I’m assuming you’ve been comparing specs of different cars and this ticks your boxes for the price compared to other examples, so I won’t say should have X or Y as many option choices are subjective.

IMO, if you are in the market for a car of this age with a number of owners where you don’t know the history, then an official Porsche warranty is a huge benefit and so buying an OPC car with 2 year warranty is a good choice.

What I would ask the dealer is the status of consumable items, I mean:
- when is the next service due and what are the service items likely to be needed in the next 12/24 months
- what is the status of tyres
- what is the status of the brakes, both discs and pads

Then you should have some idea if you need to budget items in the next year or so and may be able to negotiate something into the purchase price.

Good luck.
Good advice and follow up points with the dealer.

Don't leave it too long as good ones get snapped up.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome to our friendly forum! :)

One of my favourite Macans is a Gen I GTS in Carmine Red, so this looks fab!

Some great advice above from ‘997.

I hope you can get a deal that suits you & you snap this one up!

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
gixermark

Post by gixermark »

Yup thanks guys.

Visual on brakes look good, haven’t asked specifics. Tyres 5mm condition is very very good.

And yes… they 2.5 year warranty, and having just had a major service in aug makes it stand out…

Options wise I tbink it’s ‘ok’ no Bose… obv no air… but what it has is more than adequate. Miles/condition/warranty are the push for me
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Well, can't fault your choice - very similar to my car

My thoughts are:

Price looks good

Two years warranty is worth £1400 to you. These cars are expensive to repair (eg £2200 for an led headlight) so I've kept mine under warranty and would recommend this

Porsche warranty is good imo (vs third party)

Car has 20inch wheels and I didn't see mention of air suspension so have a decent drive of it Some say 21inch wheels without air is a no-no

If it has air suspension - then nothing to worry about

Check when the next service is - there is a big one (£1500 worth) at 40k miles - but it might have been done at 4 years old. You have to get Porsche to service it to keep the Porsche warranty valid

Two faults I could see:

The Macan badge is missing off the rear (just the sticky tape where it was). Needs replaced

The tailpipes are pitted (I'm on my third set and that set are shot) so if this bothers you get the dealer to change them as part of the deal. I'm going to remove and spray paint mine - no longer under warranty and £1000 from memory to replace
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Great car and similar to mine. I have exactly the same mileage and have just replaced all the brake discs and pads in the last few months, make sure that has been done as it’s a big expense. My front discs looked fine until I took them off and the rear faces were very worn, it caught me out as I’m not used to replacing discs at such low mileage, but apparently this is usual.
Make sure you are happy with the standard seats as many say they are not as good as the 14 or 18 way items. And as already said, the exhaust tips should be replaced as part of the deal.
Otherwise, great find, especially with active cruise. Here’s mine:

compressed carmine.jpg

June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Kevthegas

Post by Kevthegas »

Looks a nice car.

I have owned a 2018 GTS for 4 years now and it still puts a smile on my face when I jump in it.

Had a few problems with it but all were sorted under the Porsche warranty, have the 6 year service next month and having the pdk fluid changed 6 months early.

I will renew the extended warranty next year when due.
2018 GTS
1993 968
1985 944
gixermark

Post by gixermark »

Super helpful advice guys…

Yes, I imagine the tail pipes bolt off so could be powder coated or similar if it came to it… I know from another Porsche that they are not covered under warranty… I actually sourced aftermarket bolt on tips for that.

Will let you know how I go.