Taycan Turbo GT

The place to discuss everything else..
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I know not many on here are straining at the bit to purchase a new Taycan, but a new Porsche Turbo GT model is an event of note. :geek:

https://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/porsche-t ... ve-in-2024

A7607285-3839-450D-9C97-2CDE2307C138.jpeg

F0060120-0B4B-4652-B97A-D2C5AED3AC16.jpeg

FFAC6C52-8F8F-4999-81BF-FC3C952AF686.jpeg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Has to be an insane thing as any Taycan is shockingly fast.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Blimey, don’t fancy taking that over a speed bump!!!
Macan S MY 2023
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Skyway wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:23 pm Blimey, don’t fancy taking that over a speed bump!!!
Would your back fracture on take off or landing? :lol: :lol:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Neil1911 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:24 pm
Skyway wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:23 pm Blimey, don’t fancy taking that over a speed bump!!!
Would your back fracture on take off or landing? :lol: :lol:
My wallet would be breaking out in a sweat :D
Macan S MY 2023
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Ridiculous.

The brain dead morons at Porsche HQ should concentrate on getting their rank and file Models updated, bug free and available.

The Macan EV fiasco a case in point.

One new yet flawed model in 10 years

These GT models are produced are simply manhood extensions with no value on the road at all.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

The performance will be ridiculous. As some have said on here before a Taycan 4S is probably as quick as you need any car to be. Let alone the Turbo and Turbo S.

I kind of liked Porsche for not really chasing numbers the way other manufacturers do. OK, the 911 Turbo (and now the Turbo S) are silly powered too. But never Ferrari silly power.

But as everything is going Electric, it looks like Porsche are following everyone else in thinking that we all now demand our new family EV's to have the power of supercars. It's just stupid.

For me, they should concentrate on trying to make EV's more involving. Back the power off, and improve range. I suspect most people would prefer that over a 0-60 time of 2.5 seconds.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

wab172uk wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:53 am The performance will be ridiculous. As some have said on here before a Taycan 4S is probably as quick as you need any car to be. Let alone the Turbo and Turbo S.

I kind of liked Porsche for not really chasing numbers the way other manufacturers do. OK, the 911 Turbo (and now the Turbo S) are silly powered too. But never Ferrari silly power.

But as everything is going Electric, it looks like Porsche are following everyone else in thinking that we all now demand our new family EV's to have the power of supercars. It's just stupid.

For me, they should concentrate on trying to make EV's more involving. Back the power off, and improve range. I suspect most people would prefer that over a 0-60 time of 2.5 seconds.
They will have to downgrade performance of electric cars big time if crashes and high insurance premiums are to be avoided. I find the acceleration in electric cars just too instant and brutal. When a Tesla Model 3 Performance with its 3.1 0-60 is toed its a very unpleasant experience. There will be a lot of regular drivers getting into trouble with these cars, and alot of ICE drivers becoming victims of them ;)
Macan S MY 2023
andreas

Post by andreas »

Skyway wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:57 am

They will have to downgrade performance of electric cars big time if crashes and high insurance premiums are to be avoided. I find the acceleration in electric cars just too instant and brutal. When a Tesla Model 3 Performance with its 3.1 0-60 is toed its a very unpleasant experience. There will be a lot of regular drivers getting into trouble with these cars, and alot of ICE drivers becoming victims of them ;)
As you'd expect, Tesla are ahead of the rest on insurance. Their own insurance product, now launched in some US states, uses real-time driving data from the car to assess the level of risk and set the next month's premium. Drive more carefully, and the premium goes down next month. Drive like a looney and the premium goes up. With average premiums about 50% of what normal insurance companies charge, Tesla Insurance looks unbeatable.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

andreas wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:14 am
Skyway wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:57 am

As you'd expect, Tesla are ahead of the rest on insurance. Their own insurance product, now launched in some US states, uses real-time driving data from the car to assess the level of risk and set the next month's premium. Drive more carefully, and the premium goes down next month. Drive like a looney and the premium goes up. With average premiums about 50% of what normal insurance companies charge, Tesla Insurance looks unbeatable.
That makes as much sense as a chocolate fireguard.

We will happily sell you a 1000bhp EV. But if you drive it like it only has 300bhp, we'll give you lower insurance. Just sell a less powerful car and people won't need to be so restraint.

A slight touch on the throttle of a 1000bhp or even 600bhp EV will send the think into 3 figures in a second or 2.

As we've said many times on here. People who have historically not cared less about what car they drive or have cared little in performance, are now finding themselves in family EV's with 600bhp. At some point legislation will come down hard on EV's. And quite rightly so.

I still do believe all this silly power figures are being classed as the carrot to entice people into EV's. That and low car tax. Benefits to company car tax etc. Once most people have been forced into EV's, then the stick will appear. And they'll beat people very badly with it.

Smart chargers with governments setting how much you pay to charge your car. When you are allowed to charge your car (already announce that will come). Pay per mile etc. And even given all EV's can be updated via wifi, expect mandatory speed limiters to be brought in. Your 1000bhp EV will have a max speed to 70 mph.