Which Michelin Latitude?

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

I finally have the chance to replace all four Conti's on my Gen2 Macan. I have chosen to switch to Michelin but when I spoke to my OPC, to my surprise, I was asked if I wanted Tour HP or Sport 3. Both are N rated. Does anyone have experience of either of these tyres and could share their experience?

Thanks, Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

paulmac wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:56 am I finally have the chance to replace all four Conti's on my Gen2 Macan. I have chosen to switch to Michelin but when I spoke to my OPC, to my surprise, I was asked if I wanted Tour HP or Sport 3. Both are N rated. Does anyone have experience of either of these tyres and could share their experience?

Thanks, Paul
Both great patterns with different properties.

The Tour is an all-season and has a very tread long life, providing you do not regularly drive in hot countries. 25C and above.

The Sport is a summer pattern with crisper handling in temperatures above 7C.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I use the Tour HP which are great tyres especially in the rain (useful in Scotland :D )
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I have the Michelin summer’s, greatish tyre, good handling and supposedly superior braking performance. No experience at emergency braking in my own car just at the PEC, but the figures do show them as the best.

Winter, is another matter, they are decidedly twitchy in the ice and snow, but where we live its a rarity so never bothered with a Winter set.

That said, last Winter when we had snow and then sheet ice for weeks and as our road was never gritted and getting the 400m to the bus route which was gritted was interesting.

Conversely the Jag I had was shod with Pirelli Summer’s and in Winter with snow and ice on the ground it would go places and handle far better than the Macan does.

So it depends upon where you live and how you drive as to which is best for you.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
RGS

Post by RGS »

The Latitude Sport 3 N2 rated is factory fitted on 21" rims at present, but smaller rims may differ. I swopped from Conti's to Michelin and the improvement in handling is incredible.
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

tour is a great tyre, never let go in 44000 miles
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

paulmac wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:56 am I finally have the chance to replace all four Conti's on my Gen2 Macan. I have chosen to switch to Michelin but when I spoke to my OPC, to my surprise, I was asked if I wanted Tour HP or Sport 3. Both are N rated. Does anyone have experience of either of these tyres and could share their experience?
Double check the speed rating on them both are OK for your car, I have a recollection that only one Michelin was suitable for my Gen2 S. Not saying you can't trust an OPC, but.....
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

RGS wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:41 pm The Latitude Sport 3 N2 rated is factory fitted on 21" rims at present, but smaller rims may differ. I swopped from Conti's to Michelin and the improvement in handling is incredible.
I was in an OPC today and there was a 73 plate GTS ready for collection. It had P Zeros on it.
Macan S MY 2023
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Skyway wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:16 pm
RGS wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:41 pm The Latitude Sport 3 N2 rated is factory fitted on 21" rims at present, but smaller rims may differ. I swopped from Conti's to Michelin and the improvement in handling is incredible.
I was in an OPC today and there was a 73 plate GTS ready for collection. It had P Zeros on it.
I've got an S parked outside with them too but that doesn't count Michelin out..
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Neil1911 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:22 pm
Skyway wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:16 pm
I've got an S parked outside with them too but that doesn't count Michelin out..
Point I was making is that the factory hasn’t dropped P Zeros in favour of Latitudes. I suspect it’s just what they can get a delivery of, but I suspect the norm is still the P Zero at the factory. ;)
Macan S MY 2023