Minor Parking Dings - Do you fix or leave?

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Yeah, takes a lot longer to park a Porsche :D
Macan S MY 2023

Smokey99

Post by Smokey99 »

andreas wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:59 pm
wab172uk wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:52 pm This is why I always either park on an end and slightly straddle the white line, or park way out the way near no one else.

People do not care about other peoples cars
I tend to go right up to the roof of multistorey car parks, it's usually pretty deserted with lots of space.
TBF I usually do the same and the only car park I parked in during the trip I did exactly that.

Ironically I'm pretty sure it occurred when parked at the back of my Mum's house in the exact space they told me to park in because it was off street and safer. They forgot to mention the bin men were due to collect the next day which meant the 'operatives' wander down the back roads grabbing the wheelie bins and flinging them back. :roll:
Macan S - Crayon Grey with lots of stuff

Your Porsche Code http://www.porsche-code.com/PNTSSA35

Previous: Audi S4 Avant; Octavia VRS Estate and many other hot hatches
wingless

Post by wingless »

Sorry, but I live by the immortal words of Prince and don't get parking lot door dings: "I guess I should've known by the way you parked your car sideways that it wouldn't last"
2022 Macan
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Update on the above scratch:

Pretty pleased with that job. It's not 100% - but it's now at the point where you wouldn't see it unless pointed out to you. The majority of the scratch has gone, with just a few wisps left that are only visible up close.

Better than a respray!
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Looks a nice job - result!