Overdue PDK oil change.

The place to discuss everything else..
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

A few weeks ago, I realised that my PDK oil change was well overdue. Having now covered 53k from new. It was serviced at OPC Sheffield last June with 43k on the clock, and it was neither done or flagged as needing to be done.
I contacted them and asked if they could check the records, and replied that it hadn’t been done. So I arranged to have it done yesterday, the 17/5.
I went to the OPC, a service agent booked me in and read out from the job card, that the car was in to have the PDK and engine oil and filter changed. I said it wasn’t booked in for the engine oil to be changed, as it was only serviced some 11 months ago, and wasn’t needed. He went onto say that the price of the PDK change was down at £298, and was really cheap.
Before leaving I said that they could do the engine oil change anyway, as it wouldn’t hurt.
I went to pick the vehicle up late that afternoon. They told me the total cost was £298. I said that’s cheap for a PDK and engine oil change. Only to be told that they had not done the PDK, only the engine oil, and that there had been a mix up. Really? a mix up over two simple tasks.
They said leave it overnight, and they would do it next day.
I was contacted, and went around mid day to pick it up. The money owed was £685, when I queried the cost, they said the quote given for the PDK was wrong, given to me by a young starter who quoted too little. I settled the bill and drove home.
I looked at the invoice only to find, that I had been charged nearly £70 for 20 litres of Adblue (a diesel you know). I filled my Adblue tank up only 3 weeks ago, and no way would it need another 20 litres..
I realise that the Adblue was the extra cost, but was never mentioned when I queried the bill.
I have contacted the OPC, and they said the tech’ booked it out, but there is no way that much would go in my tank. So I am now waiting for them to get back to me tomorrow, after investigatin.
The whole scenario has been bad, really bad. :roll: :roll:

crockers

Post by crockers »

Can we know which OPC this was ?!
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

I WOULD BE LOOKING FOR A FULL REFUND.
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

crockers wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:55 am Can we know which OPC this was ?!
That was OPC Sheffield, the same one that serviced it in June last year.
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

I always tell them not to touch the Adblu. I've got a massive drum in my yard for the HGV's that costs pennies per litre. They've charged you £3.50 a litre for pigs piss. You can get a good pint in a pub round my way for that!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
happy days

Post by happy days »

Not good.
Macan S D
718 S
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

This is the sort of thing that annoys me about OPC.

Makes you wonder if the actual work carried out is "first class" :roll: :roll:
2japs

Post by 2japs »

ScotMac wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:17 pm This is the sort of thing that annoys me about OPC.

Makes you wonder if the actual work carried out is "first class" :roll: :roll:
Yip 😳
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

TheTraveller wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:59 am
crockers wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:55 am Can we know which OPC this was ?!
That was OPC Sheffield, the same one that serviced it in June last year.
Speak to Clint Davis the service manager, or put a 1* review on Google and he'll call you!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Update to the event.
Supposed to get a call after investigation, never happened. So I contacted them to enquire the outcome of the INVESTIGATION. Reply they’ll get back to me. Didn’t happen, so I contacted them, and without loosing my temper, gave them a piece of my mind. They rang back within 5 mins, with another excuse, the Adblue, was put on the job sheet as a matter of procedure, with the oil change. But it wasn’t on the sheet, when I first went in. And wasn’t being charged for it, when I returned first time to settle my bill. It had obviously been added sometime after.
Any way, I demanded a refund for the Adblue charge which they gave.
What a dreadful scenario, from start to finish.