Getting ready for summer

Post pictures of your Macan here!
GlobalNomad

Post by GlobalNomad »

Back from OPC to swap out my 19” winter wheels for the summer Macan S 20” treads. While it is great to be back on the beefy tires, I was super impressed with the handling of the winter set. I probably need to up my driving skills to notice more of a difference ;)

67BCEBA6-83F8-4CA9-908F-8C965CF5A609.jpeg

8E139AD4-8F41-4059-9DD1-547BF1119197.jpeg

PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

My recent acquisition came with a brand new set of Michelin all-seasons that were fitted as part of the pre-delivery preparation. Before they were fitted, I tried to get a set of Michelin summer tyres fitted instead and offered to pay the difference in cost but to no avail.

However, I have to say that I have been very impressed with the tyres, even when pressing on as I’ve been learning about the new car.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
GlobalNomad

Post by GlobalNomad »

Originally I wanted All Seasons, but the OPC only had winter tyres. I expected them to have worse handling on dry roads above 10 deg C - but the difference was almost unnoticeable. I think All Seasons are the way to go. Saves the hassle of swapping twice a year, summer perfirmance is probably indistinguishable, and winter/wet performance will give an meaningful improvement.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Not sure where that picture was taken but it's anything from summer here! Clocks on BST! British SUMMER Time, what a joke. Think there's been about 3 occassions my Macan has been out when it's not raining :(
Macan S MY 2023
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

GlobalNomad wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:34 pm Originally I wanted All Seasons, but the OPC only had winter tyres. I expected them to have worse handling on dry roads above 10 deg C - but the difference was almost unnoticeable. I think All Seasons are the way to go. Saves the hassle of swapping twice a year, summer perfirmance is probably indistinguishable, and winter/wet performance will give an meaningful improvement.
I don’t think that there is has been an All Season choice of tyre for a few years now.

Summer tyres as standard with Winter’s an option via the Porsche Tequipment website.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Not had a single issue with summer tyres all through winter in the South of England. Defintely couldn't be arsed with changing wheels twice a year :D
Macan S MY 2023
andreas

Post by andreas »

Skyway wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:09 pm Not had a single issue with summer tyres all through winter in the South of England. Defintely couldn't be arsed with changing wheels twice a year :D
All depends where you drive to - many European countries require winter tyres in winter conditions.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
andreas

Post by andreas »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:19 pm

I don’t think that there is has been an All Season choice of tyre for a few years now.

Summer tyres as standard with Winter’s an option via the Porsche Tequipment website.
I believe GlobalNomad is in Spain, where different tyre choices may be available. The Spanish confuserator is interesting - if you think UK prices are high, check out the Spanish prices! Just as an example, the Reversing camera with Surround View is a €1425 option!
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
GlobalNomad

Post by GlobalNomad »

andreas wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:02 pm I believe GlobalNomad is in Spain, where different tyre choices may be available. The Spanish confuserator is interesting - if you think UK prices are high, check out the Spanish prices! Just as an example, the Reversing camera with Surround View is a €1425 option!
Yep, good memory I am in Barcelona - so we hardly ever see rain, and the winter is mild to say the say the least, but then you never know what to expect when heading 1.5 hours away to the mountains to ski. So while quality of life is good, we do have a rather chunky premium to pay on Porsche vehicles.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I still have my 20” winters on at the moment. I have 21” summers, but it certainly isn’t looking like summer is coming any time soon.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.