Macan T. Evo Review. 4th March 2023

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
andreas

Post by andreas »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:31 am
It's £4500.00 difference "T" to an "S" on my spec, plus another 6 months depreciation on my current car for the extra waiting time, plus any price increases by Porsche. Could end up being £7000.00
The 6 months depreciation on your current car will be much less than the 6 months depreciation on a new Porsche.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)

Oscar2

Post by Oscar2 »

I’ve got a base Macan had it out today and thought about the so called lack of power,I’m not doubting the bigger engine is more powerful, the only thing is where are you ever going to use it, people buy a car for their wants and needs but I get a laugh at the bragging and the funny bit is some don’t ever own them, it’s only a car!
2japs

Post by 2japs »

The S merchants need to take a holistic view of the Macan, I think the Porsche marketing team will have quickly assertained when looking to move into the medium premium SUV marketplace dominated by Audi, Mercedes and BMW that to lure some of their loyal customers over to Porsche and create new users that they needed a 2.0l base car.

This is still true today as all the above have 2.0l offerings.

Yes some will say the 2.0l is not a proper Porsche but do you think the Porsche marketing team will lose sleep over over it, I think not!
And just to add the SUV is predominantly a family mode of transport, not everyone wants to do 0-62 in 5 seconds with the grandkids in the back!
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

2japs wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:36 pm The S merchants need to take a holistic view of the Macan, I think the Porsche marketing team will have quickly assertained when looking to move into the medium premium SUV marketplace dominated by Audi, Mercedes and BMW that to lure some of their loyal customers over to Porsche and create new users that they needed a 2.0l base car.

Yes some will say the 2.0l is not a proper Porsche but do you think the Porsche marketing team will lose sleep over over it, I think not!
And just to add the SUV is predominantly a family mode of transport, not everyone wants to do 0-62 in 5 seconds with the grandkids in the back!
A lot less to do with luring new customers (folks who want a badge will buy them anyway) much more to do with overall emissions I think. Get some of these four bangers sold so the sports cars can have good engines 🤔
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
crockers

Post by crockers »

Is that like the 4 banger in the 718?? What happen to the love of the naturally aspirated 6 ?? Wasny there talk of the 718 not being a true Porsche 🤣🤣 which was crap as is saying the T isn’t a real Porsche.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

2japs wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:36 pm The S merchants need to take a holistic view of the Macan, I think the Porsche marketing team will have quickly assertained when looking to move into the medium premium SUV marketplace dominated by Audi, Mercedes and BMW that to lure some of their loyal customers over to Porsche and create new users that they needed a 2.0l base car.

Think you are over simplifying what the bigger engine is for. I don’t push out sub 5 second 0-60s with my kids in the back but having more control over a turn of pace getting onto a motorway makes driving easier and more pleasurable, as does not having the revs jumping around to stay in the powerband.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

When you are all comparing your 2.0l SUVs you should really be throwing the Tiguan R in there as well btw - same engine as the Macan T but rated at higher bhp and has a bigger boot.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

crockers wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:23 pm Is that like the 4 banger in the 718?? What happen to the love of the naturally aspirated 6 ?? Wasny there talk of the 718 not being a true Porsche 🤣🤣 which was crap as is saying the T isn’t a real Porsche.
718 changed for the same reason - emissions. As it happens the power to weight ratio of the 718 is more than the v6 Macans anyway 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Jon A wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:12 pm

A lot less to do with luring new customers (folks who want a badge will buy them anyway) much more to do with overall emissions I think. Get some of these four bangers sold so the sports cars can have good engines 🤔
I think the 2.0/T Macan is a huge seller in south east Asia, including China which is now Porsche’s biggest market. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Wasn’t the original 911 a 4-pot boxer motor, lifted from beetle and modified?

Some say the original 911 was not a real Porsche either.

I say nonsense… buy what you like and enjoy, the badge is additional grin factor for the enthusiasts.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4