Another newcomer

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Neil1911 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:45 pm
Tracky wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:38 pm
Plyphon wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:34 pm In that case it sounds like you made the right choice!

I don't mind a harsh ride as long as it's a choice. The difference between GTS chassis in "sports+" (lowest and stiffest setting I guess) and "normal" is very noticeable, and I personally am very happy with the ride in normal. "Sport" setting offers a middleground with the lowest ride height but middle dampening settings which is what I spend most of my time in.

But as we've discovered in this thread, the difference in ride height in 5mm - hardly noticeable! :lol:

And you're right - goes round corners better than my S3 did!
A boris bus goes around corners better than a S3!
Ah, but only with you at the wheel....

...or Roger Moore (007) ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

I think those wheels look fantastic , and easy to clean, unfortunately only available on GTS.
On the difference between the suspension setups of "all" Macans and specificaly the "T" version. The PASM version on the T is quoted as being 15mm lower than the "S" version and the addition of air suspension lowers the car by a "further" 10mm if I've read things correctly. Would this mean that a standard "T" will be a harder ride than an "S" and would the air suspension soften the setup if and when required ?
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Lowered suspension will be stiffer as there is less travel. Air will cushion the ride somewhat but does not effect rebound etc. My car hax air so is 10mm lower than standard springs (PASM) and the ride is fantastic, while the air stops it leaning and pitching during cornering.
The T with air would do the same but the ride element will always be a little firmer because of ghe lowered element. However I don’t think there is a lot in this and it will still ride well due to PASM.
Whichever you choose I guarantee you that you won’t be throwing this two tonne SUV about enough to test the theory, it’s just too much car to do it comfortably and is at its best on fast sweeping bends etc.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

You say that but I find it remarkably agile full-stop, never mind “for an SUV”. I ran an M135i (the original 3.0 version) for four years when those first came out to general acclaim back in 2012, and I’m already confident that my GTS is better on twisty back roads. Certainly it’s better than my last car, a BMW 440i, which certainly drove well but was more of a fast sweepers car as you suggest.

And as we also have a pretty new Mini Cooper, I am acquainted with what agile handling is.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper