2017 macan base water sloshing sound from inside the car

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
2017MacanBlue

Post by 2017MacanBlue »

Hi guys new to the forum. I did some research and found many post about this so I followedsome DIY instructions to clear the pano ducts. It does not appear the front is clogged however I found excess water in the rear of the car where all the relays are (passenger side) I proceeded to squeeze the nipple and all the water came out then I pour boiling water down the pano tracks to ensure everything was nice and drainable. Having done all of this, I still hear a lot of water sloshing back and forth .. I purposely step on the gas and brake in short distances and I can hear water somewhere just going back and forth .. it's really frustrating but the cabin is dry .. there is no water anywhere on carpet or pillars ... Could someone please shed some light on where the water is pooled? Or is this gasoline movement from the tank that I'm hearing . ? This all happened when it rained hard for 3 days straight in so cal ... Either way it seems like a design issue but looking for some possible locations where the water might be so I can drain it... I also pulled the front cowl out (under front windshield from the outside just in front of the hood) there was a lot of leaf in there but no water deposits in the crevices there
. Thanks so much
2017 macan (metallic blue)
2015 911 CS (guards red)

Macanboy

Post by Macanboy »

A/C drain pan drains for the cabin condenser blocked , Is the “ water “ sloshing about in the air ducting front to back around the trans tunnel ?
His Boxster 987.2 + Ferrari GT4 .
Hers Macan SD
Previous pork = Cayenne S , 968 CS , 911 , even a 924 !
Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari 360
6 Range rovers full fat + various Mercs + BImmers .
2017MacanBlue

Post by 2017MacanBlue »

Macanboy wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:11 am A/C drain pan drains for the cabin condenser blocked , Is the “ water “ sloshing about in the air ducting front to back around the trans tunnel ?
This could be ... I am considering all options.. all I can say is I hear water movement inside the car when I accelerate and brake. Let's suppose the sound is coming from where you are describing, how can I drain it ?
2015 911 CS (guards red)
2017MacanBlue

Post by 2017MacanBlue »

2017MacanBlue wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:16 am
Macanboy wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:11 am A/C drain pan drains for the cabin condenser blocked , Is the “ water “ sloshing about in the air ducting front to back around the trans tunnel ?
This could be ... I am considering all options.. all I can say is I hear water movement inside the car when I accelerate and brake. Let's suppose the sound is coming from where you are describing, how can I drain it ?
Even Honda civic don't have this problem I am disgusted about this (German engineering)
2015 911 CS (guards red)
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

fill fuel tank to the brim and drive, that might eliminate that concern?
andreas

Post by andreas »

2017MacanBlue wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:44 am Could someone please shed some light on where the water is pooled?
Possibly in the battery compartment, under the boot floor.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Quick question: presumably roof drain tubes are a sealed tube from roof well to end of tube near wheel arch? If so, and they were blocked, wouldn’t the water be backed up and sloshing around the well under the sunroof??
Maybe “sloshing” is over the top but certainly evidence of continually wet roof well and probably damp wind break mesh. This all assumes that much water gets past the sunroof seal in the first place?
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

If you can hear water sloshing around in the back have you tried checking the battery compartment? Seems this is one of the key places water gathers and it is known by Porsche as I was told by my OPC about some folk experiencing electrical faults as a result. In my case it was water in the battery compartment that caused issues with my CTEK charger. Essentially, the CTEK connector had corroded where it lay in a pool of water.

Other issues were water running down the driver and pax A pillars and gathering in the footwells, in turn soaking the carpets. The OPC finally declared the problem “solved” by resealing the pano roof cassette. However, I was never so sure given the amount of condensation in the car.
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
2017MacanBlue

Post by 2017MacanBlue »

gasgas1 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:29 am fill fuel tank to the brim and drive, that might eliminate that concern?
I was going to try that to see if sloshing persist however I never had a problem with sounds from has tank being half full though ... It would be silly having to make sure tank is full to avoid water sounds in cabin..
2015 911 CS (guards red)
2017MacanBlue

Post by 2017MacanBlue »

andreas wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:11 am
2017MacanBlue wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:44 am Could someone please shed some light on where the water is pooled?
Possibly in the battery compartment, under the boot floor.
I checked there it's dry ...
2015 911 CS (guards red)