Rear Washer Not Working

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
CraigB

Post by CraigB »

Late December my rear washer stopped working ,so I contacted the salesman at my OPC to check if a repair would be under warranty ,as I have been 'stung' before for a similar repair at BMW .He confirmed it would be and not to worry.
Booked my Macan into the OPC for 24.01.23 (almost a month later).The Service Assistant said it was under warranty - then she rang me an hour later to say the pipe had blown off which is classed as a foreign body and it was not therefore under warranty and would be £822 !!
I obviously said this was ridiculous, but she was adamant that there would be a charge - I had to authorise the repair as I needed the washer functional.
About an hour later I realised I still had the text message from the salesman confirming the warranty cover ,so rang her to confirm this - she said she would have to speak to the salesman - I also informed her that the pipe was designed to work at 5 bar and the pump only went up to 4 bar so it couldn't just blow off ,plus the weather on 28.12.22 was 9'c daytime and 5'c the night before ,so it hadn't frozen .She said she would look at the costings ,but it would still be chargeable.
I had a subsequent conversation with the salesman who agreed with me that the charges were ridiculous and that they should raise the issue with Porsche - due to a faulty part .
The Assistant rang me back an hour later and said she could reduce the cost to £649 and that it was still chargeable .I said I still wasn't happy - she said she would ring me with a time to pick the car up.At 1.30pm she rang me again to say they had looked at the costs further and it would now be £538 - I still wasn't happy with that ,but she added that they had taken my rear bumper off and it had fallen off the stand and was scratched in two places ,but not to worry they would be sending my Macan to the bodyshop for repair - obviously this made things worse .
She rang me at 4.30pm to say the car could be repaired for the next day and it would still be £538 ,quoting the instruction book for maintenance of the system - so I said well perhaps I need to contact your Chief Exec ,which I subsequently did.He apologised and passed the issue over to his Service Manager who contacted me the day after and apologised.He asked me to explain what had happened and said he would be raising the issue with Porsche ,but they wouldn't cover the issue under warranty.
He rang me back an hour later and told me there wouldn't be any charge for the repair and that he would like to keep the car for longer to check it had been repaired and painted correctly etc .They had the car for a week at my agreement.
They delivered the car back to me subsequently and everything was completed first class .
I thanked them by email and enquired how much the first service would be in 6k miles ,to be told £850 inc vat !!
I asked what this included - basically an oil change, oil and pollen filter change and an inspection, plus the service book stamped .How can they justify such a high cost ?
Beginning to wish I had stuck with BMW at half the cost of everything - including initial purchase of the vehicle .
I do love the Macan and was planning to buy the new Electric Version when its launched ,but the above is giving me second thoughts !

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

^^^ First service on my GTS was £681.80 in June after 2 years use. Most cars still require an annual service, so the Macan service costs are similar to BMW, Merc, Audi etc.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

CraigB wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:42 am I do love the Macan and was planning to buy the new Electric Version when its launched ,but the above is giving me second thoughts !
They sure aren't a cheap hobby but I think I got my money's worth from mine. Looking forward to doing the same with number 2!

Welcome to the forum Craig.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP