Mud flaps?

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
macview19

Post by macview19 »

PS
On my post on Mud Flaps i forgot to mention the cost of £38.00 was for a set of 4 front and rear

fabmacan

Post by fabmacan »

the macan will suffer from road rash along the underside of each sill from front to around the centre of the car, the rear valance will be badly rashed due to the width of the rear tyres.
It will not be visible but if you run your hand along these areas you will find it.
because ethe rear end is wider than the front, the rear door and the front side of the rear wings also suffer from road rash, hence the plastic protective strip which is now factory fitted to protect the leading edge of the rear wings.
2023 Macan GTS
Gulf Orange
fabmacan

Post by fabmacan »

the macan will suffer from road rash along the underside of each sill from front to around the centre of the car, the rear valance will be badly rashed due to the width of the rear tyres.
It will not be visible but if you run your hand along these areas you will find it.
because ethe rear end is wider than the front, the rear door and the front side of the rear wings also suffer from road rash, hence the plastic protective strip which is now factory fitted to protect the leading edge of the rear wings.
2023 Macan GTS
Gulf Orange
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

fabmacan wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:03 pm the macan will suffer from road rash along the underside of each sill from front to around the centre of the car, the rear valance will be badly rashed due to the width of the rear tyres.
PPF is available for all panels and all of mine have them, despite me doing less off-roading in this Gen 3 with its 20" wheels :(
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
fabmacan

Post by fabmacan »

yep, purchased a set off ebay, they were shipped from china, i then had reservations, but they fitted perfectly.
2023 Macan GTS
Gulf Orange
fabmacan

Post by fabmacan »

IMG_1332.zip
(4.75 MiB) Downloaded 40 times
2023 Macan GTS
Gulf Orange
fabmacan

Post by fabmacan »

IMG_1332.JPG

2023 Macan GTS
Gulf Orange
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

I find that most fitted mudflaps stick out too much from the arches, but they do the job. When I had my MB C class I bought a set of stick on (+1 screw into the bottom arch liner) black painted aluminium archguards from a company called Carbonwurks and they kept most of the tar and grit off the sides of the car. Unfortunately they don't make them for the Macan but there is a similar set in plastic available from Automotive passion .

IMG_0452.JPG

GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

fabmacan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:57 amIMG_1332.JPG
Looks good to me.

I'd be looking to fit similar as well, as I do spend quite a bit of time driving down rough muddy tracks at weekends.
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

They're not mudflaps as such , but I've found a set of carbon fibre , very thin, splashguards for the Macan which are similar to the alloy ones I had on the front of my MB C class . The road to the reservoir that I kayak on can be muddy in patches and the side of the Macan gets plastered with dirt and the local farmers also like to put muck on the roads as well as their fields.
They weren't cheap £99.00 for the four and they're fixed using 3M VHD tape, the alloy set on my C class never came off in 4 years of use.

IMG_3134.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg