Loan Cars when using OPC

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

Really, we may not know the full facts here. Portsmouth OPC may have decided to introduce a loan car charge rather than an increase or a higher increase in service charges. if that were so I would approve the move

Personally, I never used loan cars preferring to wait at the garage or go for a long walk with the OPC and previously ditto with BMW or used their free home pick up and drop service. The BMW garage did offer free loan cars if booked early enough but I understand have recently introduced charges.

Yes, I have paid full OPC service charges but even on visits just for the task they have never charged me for the summer /wheel set swop or storage. judgement has to made about the overall package and standard of service.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Always had Porsche loaners and for free

I can’t remember if it was bmw or Audi that used to try and charge me for a loaner but I refused to pay It but still got the car even though I had M5/M6s/RS6/R8s as loaners.

Some said it was a contribution towards the insurance which I said was bull

Also said the same to the dealers that used to try and charge me to supply my private plates - told them to sod off and that I should be charging them for advertising their dealership on my car. Needles to say never paid for supply of fitting.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Tracky wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:12 pm Always had Porsche loaners and for free

I can’t remember if it was bmw or Audi that used to try and charge me for a loaner but I refused to pay It but still got the car even though I had M5/M6s/RS6/R8s as loaners.

Some said it was a contribution towards the insurance which I said was bull

Also said the same to the dealers that used to try and charge me to supply my private plates - told them to sod off and that I should be charging them for advertising their dealership on my car. Needles to say never paid for supply of fitting.
Got a loaner (2 different cars in 1 day actually) through Audi but had to pay something like £15 cause my car was over 10 years old. That was for repair work which they messed up, not warranty work.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

pmg wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:46 pm ...but even on visits just for the task they have never charged me for the summer /wheel set swop or storage. judgement has to made about the overall package and standard of service.

Blimey! Which OPC?! You’re doing well to get that for free! :shock:

I have always paid for wheel swaps. Initially when I enquired, Swindon would charge for storage and Tewkesbury wouldn’t, so I opted to use Tewkesbury for wheel swaps. They’ve now introduced a storage charge too, so I’ve swapped to Swindon, as they are closer to my home.

You are saving a fortune if your OPC are still doing swaps & storage free of charge!

On the availability of Porsche loan cars, one issue is the shortage of stock that many OPCs have suffered over the last year or two. I am sure many of them sold a few cars that were previously used as loaners, or were intended for that purpose.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
pmg

Post by pmg »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:29 am
pmg wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:46 pm ...but even on visits just for the task they have never charged me for the summer /wheel set swop or storage. judgement has to made about the overall package and standard of service.

Blimey! Which OPC?! You’re doing well to get that for free! :shock:

I have always paid for wheel swaps. Initially when I enquired, Swindon would charge for storage and Tewkesbury wouldn’t, so I opted to use Tewkesbury for wheel swaps. They’ve now introduced a storage charge too, so I’ve swapped to Swindon, as they are closer to my home.

You are saving a fortune if your OPC are still doing swaps & storage free of charge!

On the availability of Porsche loan cars, one issue is the shortage of stock that many OPCs have suffered over the last year or two. I am sure many of them sold a few cars that were previously used as loaners, or were intended for that purpose.
A well known south coast Navel base already mentioned in thread. I do tend to time things so other service tasks are taking place same time as the wheelset swops

I suppose my point is we all go to particular garages that offer something that suits us and were the arrangement also suits them. I can almost hear the relief down the phone when I say i do not need a loan car. Then there is a lasting business arrangement.

Some get items thrown in for free because they have bought several cars and are treated as a valued returning customer.

No doubt an inflationary environment will put many arrangements under stress. I suspect mine to date may come such when I need my first new replacement summer tyres shortly and whether the OPC will come up with a competitive rate and not the sort of price they illustrated at the last service.

Similarly if a person goes round asking for service cost quotes from 6 OPC's then always going to the cheapest and that varies, no long-term relationship develops less likely freebies not thrown in
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Regarding new tyres, they will no doubt initially quote an exorbitant price. Try getting other quotes (e.g. Black Circles) and re-contact the OPC. You may be amazed by how close they get to your competitive quote! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
pmg

Post by pmg »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:21 am Regarding new tyres, they will no doubt initially quote an exorbitant price. Try getting other quotes (e.g. Black Circles) and re-contact the OPC. You may be amazed by how close they get to your competitive quote! :)

Yes I was going to that but the last service was 6 months ago at the rears still at 4mm fronts at 5mm so I knew I was months away. I suspect if now 3mm R and 4 mm F I may need to change all four at same time
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

Tewkesbury gave me this gem for 2 days last year… no charge.

53F00E26-3DDB-4321-9722-C76806E2DB58.jpeg

6D711F85-0F47-4100-AB94-6A7D9D812687.jpeg

Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

F1 Nut wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:07 pm Tewkesbury gave me this gem for 2 days last year… no charge.

Noice. Tempted to jump over to one at all?
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

I was always given free loan cars while my previous 718 Cayman had to go into my OPC numerous times to investigate a problem. The car was under warranty, so not sure if that makes a difference?

A BMW 118i M sport, a base Macan, and then a nice surprise when I got handed the keys to a Panamera Sport Turismo 4S hybrid.
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT