Viewing a Macan S

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
BigBill

Post by BigBill »

Hi all, first post and new to the forum.

I'm viewing a Porsche Approved Used Macan S later this week. This will be my first Porsche and I didn't have a huge budget but as I don't cover a lot of miles I decided to look at older higher specced cars rather than newer base spec. Car I'm viewing is a 2016 Macan S with about 45k miles. Spec as follows

• 21" 911 Turbo Design Wheels
• BOSE Surround Sound-System
• Bi-Xenon Main Headlights
• Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
• Adaptive Sports Seats (18-Way Electric)
• Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
• ParkAssist With Surround View
• Seat Heating
• Steering Wheel Heating
• Carbon Interior Package
• Adaptive Cruise Control With Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
• Tinted LED Taillights Including Light Strip
• Compass Display In Instrument Cluster
• Stainless Steel Skid Plates
• Light Comfort Package
• Power Steering Plus
• Privacy Glass
• Sideblades Painted In Exterior Colour
• Speed Limit Indicator
• Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
• Automatically Dimming Interior And Exterior Mirrors
• Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
• Wheel Centres With Full-Colour Porsche Crest
• 75 litre fuel tank

Any advice on what I should be looking for/asking would be appreciated

Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Ask about what warranty work has been done, especially wether its had its transfer box replaced that seems to be the achilles heal of the Macan.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Good spec and warranty from Porsche.
Last edited by SAC1 on Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:06 am Does it have Porsche's Active Suspension Management system [PASM] and / or Air Suspension - probably needed with those 21" alloys.
Does it come with a warranty? If buying from an official Porsche dealership centre [OPC] then it will have a 2-year warranty.
Says Porsche Approved and PASM in the description, but not whether air or steel.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
BigBill

Post by BigBill »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:18 am
SAC1 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:06 am Does it have Porsche's Active Suspension Management system [PASM] and / or Air Suspension - probably needed with those 21" alloys.
Does it come with a warranty? If buying from an official Porsche dealership centre [OPC] then it will have a 2-year warranty.
Says Porsche Approved and PASM in the description, but not whether air or steel.
Thanks for the replies so far.

It is from a Porsche dealership and comes with a warranty till 2024.

Description re the PASM -
''Air suspension with self-levelling, ride-height control and Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)''
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome to the forum.

Spec looks good.

Service history and being up to date with its records to check.

Ensure the software and sat nav maps are the most recent.

Macan’s can have transfer box issues, discs can wear rapidly, suspension and drive shafts are another area where issues have occurred.

Spec does not say Pano Roof, these can suffer from blockages in the four drains that there are.

The dealer can enter the VIN number in the system and printout the actual spec, do get one if you are going to proceed.

Air Suspension is easy to check, there is a button in the centre console to lower it by 10mm and another in the boot to to lower the rear for loading plus it will hiss and level when you turn off the engine.

I see that it has 18 way seats which you will find are a snug fit, if you are a big guy you may find you sit on them rather than in them. If you do not like the seating look for a Macan with 14 way seats, it has less bolster volume on the base and back and its the larger bolsters and adjustments that are in the 18 way.

If you have not driven a Macan before, you will have a huge smile when you finish, they are that good.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Welcome to the forum.

Given that the car has 18 way seats, the seat cushion and back squab will be faced with leather. Unless leather or extended leather interior is specified, that is the extent of the leather. Just make sure you're happy with the look of the dashboard top and and the door panels without leather. Other than that, the spec seems pretty comprehensive.

Other than the points raised by other posters, check that the transmission oil has been changed. This is due at 6yrs or 40,000 miles so by either criteria it should have been changed.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Where are you based? If you are near me (Staines) I would happily take you for a drive and talk through the pro’s and con’s. I have owned a 2016 S and now my 2017 GTS.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
BigBill

Post by BigBill »

Kleynie wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:33 pm Where are you based? If you are near me (Staines) I would happily take you for a drive and talk through the pro’s and con’s. I have owned a 2016 S and now my 2017 GTS.
Thanks for the offer which is much appreciated but I live in Scotland so a bit far away.

I'm viewing the car tomorrow morning and I've got a list of questions to ask following the advice I've had on here. Great forum, lots of knowledgeable and helpful people
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

BigBill wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:52 pm
Kleynie wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:33 pm Where are you based? If you are near me (Staines) I would happily take you for a drive and talk through the pro’s and con’s. I have owned a 2016 S and now my 2017 GTS.
Thanks for the offer which is much appreciated but I live in Scotland so a bit far away.

I'm viewing the car tomorrow morning and I've got a list of questions to ask following the advice I've had on here. Great forum, lots of knowledgeable and helpful people
No worries. Let us know how you get on.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.