Found: Brilliant iPhone holder & charger for centre console

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bfg

Post by bfg »

Madelvic wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:44 pm
bfg wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:04 pm
Madelvic wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:50 pm Interesting. I’m obviously charging too little for my version.
Quite possibly! :lol: My iPhone would never fit in yours or I would have tried that first. Does yours come with the charging bits? The magsafe charger is £30 alone, then the 12-volt plug and cable all add up too. It's not cheap but it was worth it for me! (at the end of the day our cars aren't exactly cheap either)

/bfg
Yes I've 'packaged' mine with all the bits primarily so I can check the fit. This is a recent one with the MagSafe installed (now improved so the camera recess is at the front)

I might have a go at something similar. I've made them for the Gen 3 now too
What's the largest iPhone it will fit?

Let me know if you want help setting up a website to sell these (I'd do it for free), I'm sure there are plenty of Macan owners who would want either option!

/Martin

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

crockers wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:49 pm

Quite possibly! :lol: My iPhone would never fit in yours or I would have tried that first. Does yours come with the charging bits? The magsafe charger is £30 alone, then the 12-volt plug and cable all add up too. It's not cheap but it was worth it for me! (at the end of the day our cars aren't exactly cheap either)

/bfg
Yes I've 'packaged' mine with all the bits primarily so I can check the fit. This is a recent one with the MagSafe installed (now improved so the camera recess is at the front)

Where do you sell them. Link ?? 👍
Crockers I've not promoted them yet but have a look at this thread where it all started

viewtopic.php?t=10066

I've made quite a few now, plus similar for 997 and 991 911s (plus the Boxster / Cayman derivatives). You can get me at porscheqi@virginmedia.com
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

bfg wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:54 am

/bfg

What's the largest iPhone it will fit?

Let me know if you want help setting up a website to sell these (I'd do it for free), I'm sure there are plenty of Macan owners who would want either option!

/Martin
Very kind of you, I've been thinking about doing the same as I've made chargers for quite a few Porsche models now. Everything bar the 'Max' models will fit (I have an iPhone 13 Pro now).
yorkiejules

Post by yorkiejules »

Hi @madelvic can you please pm me about these chargers?
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

yorkiejules wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:44 pm Hi @madelvic can you please pm me about these chargers?
Done.

And for those who might be interested, the design for the Gen 2 and Gen 3 will now take the biggest, newest iPhone 14 including the 14 Pro Max
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

Madelvic wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:00 pm
yorkiejules wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:44 pm Hi @madelvic can you please pm me about these chargers?
Done.

And for those who might be interested, the design for the Gen 2 and Gen 3 will now take the biggest, newest iPhone 14 including the 14 Pro Max
Does the figment allow for a case to be on the phone?
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!
Raj24v

Post by Raj24v »

That’s a brilliant question.
I’m after something like this for my i14 Pro Max in my GenII.

I will fire you an email too Madelvic.