Found: Brilliant iPhone holder & charger for centre console

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bfg

Post by bfg »

I'm not sure how I found it but I stumbled upon this device recently and despite the shipping cost just had to try it:
https://nine-volt.com/collections/all/p ... 7096878249
(they also have a model for people without the smoker package which looks even cleaner, and a model for the Cayenne)

I have to say it's kind of perfect - it uses Apple's magsafe to hold and charge the phone. You can have the photo vertically or horizontally if you want to use the cupholders too. It holds my giant iPhone 12 Pro Max perfectly - even through some <ahem> spirited driving through the Cotswolds recently. It's definitely a 3D printed item so it's not a perfect finish, but it fits snugly (completely friction based fit so you can install and remove without tools or damage) and just does what it says on the tin. It comes with the magsafe charger, the 12-volt USB charger, and cable - just plug and go! I have no affiliation with them other than it solved a massive headache for me and I wanted to recommend it! I think I'm going to get a simple black decal (or maybe a porsche sticker?) to cover the white bit next...

IMG_2717 Large.jpeg

IMG_2718 Large.jpeg

IMG_2721 Large.jpeg

IMG_2722 Large.jpeg

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Interesting. I’m obviously charging too little for my version.
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
bfg

Post by bfg »

Madelvic wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:50 pm Interesting. I’m obviously charging too little for my version.
Quite possibly! :lol: My iPhone would never fit in yours or I would have tried that first. Does yours come with the charging bits? The magsafe charger is £30 alone, then the 12-volt plug and cable all add up too. It's not cheap but it was worth it for me! (at the end of the day our cars aren't exactly cheap either)

/bfg
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Madelvic wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:50 pm Interesting. I’m obviously charging too little for my version.
IMHO, I much prefer your version, Richard 👍👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

Doesnt the size of the pro max obscure the use of the cup holders?
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Sod the charger, you have great taste in internal must have bling.

Ally Gear Shifter, the bees knees!
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
bfg

Post by bfg »

martinto8 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:50 pm Doesnt the size of the pro max obscure the use of the cup holders?
Easy enough to rotate the phone horizontally, can use both cupholders then. Most of the time no drinks in the car so stays vertical!

/bfg
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

bfg wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:04 pm
Quite possibly! :lol: My iPhone would never fit in yours or I would have tried that first. Does yours come with the charging bits? The magsafe charger is £30 alone, then the 12-volt plug and cable all add up too. It's not cheap but it was worth it for me! (at the end of the day our cars aren't exactly cheap either)

/bfg
Yes I've 'packaged' mine with all the bits primarily so I can check the fit. This is a recent one with the MagSafe installed (now improved so the camera recess is at the front)

I might have a go at something similar. I've made them for the Gen 3 now too

IMG_3830.JPG

2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
crockers

Post by crockers »

Madelvic wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:44 pm

/bfg
Yes I've 'packaged' mine with all the bits primarily so I can check the fit. This is a recent one with the MagSafe installed (now improved so the camera recess is at the front)

Where do you sell them. Link ?? 👍
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Madelvic wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:44 pm

/bfg

PM sent Madelvic but sitting in outbox so don’t know if your inbox is full? 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0