Speed limit indicator

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Best safety device there is, beats technology anyday.

IMG_5187.jpeg

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

AllanG

Post by AllanG »

For those that have the speed indicator option, can you still have the four rows of data on the MFD, eg. water temp, oil temp, oil pressure & battery voltage?
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

AllanG wrote: ↑Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:25 am For those that have the speed indicator option, can you still have the four rows of data on the MFD, eg. water temp, oil temp, oil pressure & battery voltage?
Yes I think so. You can either have the speed limit shown in a large format and nothing else, or the four rows and a small speed limit icon. I mainly drive around with the former showing
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I do the 4 rows but the speed indicator does cover a small portion of the 4th row
Macan S MY 2023
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Skyway wrote: ↑Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:42 am I do the 4 rows but the speed indicator does cover a small portion of the 4th row
Thank you πŸ‘
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

FirstSeaLord wrote: ↑Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:36 am
AllanG wrote: ↑Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:25 am For those that have the speed indicator option, can you still have the four rows of data on the MFD, eg. water temp, oil temp, oil pressure & battery voltage?
Yes I think so. You can either have the speed limit shown in a large format and nothing else, or the four rows and a small speed limit icon. I mainly drive around with the former showing
Thank you πŸ‘
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
RGS

Post by RGS »

Surely if you get the OPC to install the software as a retro fit it would be a lot cheaper than Eu 400 from a third party? I have Google maps, the Porsche map or Waze to select from, they all show the current speed limits because I get frequent map updates, but I mainly use Waze because of the additional information it gives. I have never bothered with Speed Sign Recognition as you have to take your eyes off the road to read it. I only ever found it useful with the HUD I had on my previous AMG C63s.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

RGS wrote: ↑Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:08 am Surely if you get the OPC to install the software as a retro fit it would be a lot cheaper than Eu 400 from a third party? I have Google maps, the Porsche map or Waze to select from, they all show the current speed limits because I get frequent map updates, but I mainly use Waze because of the additional information it gives. I have never bothered with Speed Sign Recognition as you have to take your eyes off the road to read it. I only ever found it useful with the HUD I had on my previous AMG C63s.
Drivers take their eyes off the road constantly. Glance in the mirror, change the radio, turn up the temperature, sip your coffee etc etc.
A quick glance at the dashboard is no different to checking how much fuel you have… πŸ€”
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
andywebber

Post by andywebber »

RGS wrote: ↑Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:08 am Surely if you get the OPC to install the software as a retro fit it would be a lot cheaper than Eu 400 from a third party? I have Google maps, the Porsche map or Waze to select from, they all show the current speed limits because I get frequent map updates, but I mainly use Waze because of the additional information it gives. I have never bothered with Speed Sign Recognition as you have to take your eyes off the road to read it. I only ever found it useful with the HUD I had on my previous AMG C63s.
I did ask about this and the local OPC said they would not be prepared to do it and I would guess even if they did it would be about the same cost I bet, knowing how much they charge!

As I said I think at about Β£200 for a option on a brand new car it is not too bad value for money.

Andrew
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

I've been told it's not retrofittable. Does anyone know different then?
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)