Cleaning Question

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Hello oh founts of all knowledge, and others.

Any advise on what to use to clean extended black leather in door panels etc? Do I just use the same leather cleaner as I’d use on the seats?

No biggie but its getting a little grubby where I push the door open or hold it open with my elbow whilst stumbling-out parked on a really steep drive so the door doesn’t remove my shins.

Ta

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

THHGTTG wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:53 pm Hello oh founts of all knowledge, and others.

Any advise on what to use to clean extended black leather in door panels etc? Do I just use the same leather cleaner as I’d use on the seats?

No biggie but its getting a little grubby where I push the door open or hold it open with my elbow whilst stumbling-out parked on a really steep drive so the door doesn’t remove my shins.

Ta
Err, yes!
I use same cleaner and leather feeder on all leather surfaces. Having said that I always start with a warm damp microfibre cloth first, it works wonders.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
GTB

Post by GTB »

THHGTTG wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:53 pm Hello oh founts of all knowledge, and others.

Ta
THHGTTG,

And here was me thinking your butler or one of your house staff would be waiting with a nice cold drink on a silver tray for you and to hold the door fully open for you to exit the Macan without you touching anything, your staffs white cotton microfibre gloves not even leaving a finger print on the external door handle! ;) ;) ;)

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Deleted User 4752

Jon A wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:11 pm

Ta
Err, yes!
I use same cleaner and leather feeder on all leather surfaces. Having said that I always start with a warm damp microfibre cloth first, it works wonders.
Ta. Good point on the damp clean cloth. That’s probably a sensible starting point.

I know it sounded like a daft question but I don’t think the leather on the doors is the same as the leather on the seats. I suspect that as it doesn’t have to put up with my arse on a daily basis it’s probably not as thick.
Deleted User 4752

GTB wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:37 pm

Ta
THHGTTG,

And here was me thinking your butler or one of your house staff would be waiting with a nice cold drink on a silver tray for you and to hold the door fully open for you to exit the Macan without you touching anything, your staffs white cotton microfibre gloves not even leaving a finger print on the external door handle! ;) ;) ;)

Cheers GTB
I thought I’d given them a week off and see what real life was like for a bit. Turns out its ghastly. 😳
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

GTB wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:37 pm

Ta
THHGTTG,

Cheers GTB
:lol: :lol:
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

THHGTTG wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:53 pm No biggie but its getting a little grubby where I push the door open or hold it open with my elbow whilst stumbling-out parked on a really steep drive so the door doesn’t remove my shins.
If you put the back of the car at the highest point on the drive gravity will hold the door for you. It might even help you out of the car! In addition, if my VAGUE recollection of seeing a picture of you motor is accurate that would avoid having to reverse onto the road...... or was that someone else's :?:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
james718gts

Post by james718gts »

Try these guys - https://www.leatherrepaircompany.com/

Their products are excellent, including cleaning and protecting, and they have useful how-to videos.
Current: Macan S (PPHWIVP8) and 997.1 C2S
Deposit: M3 Touring, 992.2 Carrera T
Sold: 718 GTS4.0, 987.1 B, 987.2 S C, 718 C, 718 S C, MX-5 RF D
Deleted User 4752

Neil1911 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:27 pm
THHGTTG wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:53 pm No biggie but its getting a little grubby where I push the door open or hold it open with my elbow whilst stumbling-out parked on a really steep drive so the door doesn’t remove my shins.
If you put the back of the car at the highest point on the drive gravity will hold the door for you. It might even help you out of the car! In addition, if my VAGUE recollection of seeing a picture of you motor is accurate that would avoid having to reverse onto the road...... or was that someone else's :?:
Your memory, as ever, is spot on. Sadly the drive doesn’t really level out ( there’s a wall and a house at the end of it ). There is a top bit that requires supreme bravery to squeeze the Macan onto but it does allow for a less comical exit. Reversing onto it would be fraught with possibilities for re-designing the bodywork. Watching me get the Aston on it would make the Stig wince. Get the angle wrong by the smallest amount ended up requiring a new front spoiler.
Deleted User 4752

james718gts wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:58 pm Try these guys - https://www.leatherrepaircompany.com/

Their products are excellent, including cleaning and protecting, and they have useful how-to videos.
Excellent, thanks.