T-minus 6 days until freeze point

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

pmg wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:37 pm Sensible spec if you have driven an S on 21 wheels and just PASM and were happy with the ride. Personally, I would save money and stick to the standard 20's or even add air suspension rather than spend the money on the bigger wheels.

Ditto, I would stick to standard wheels with PASM.

Good luck and post the final spec
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Rarecolour wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:49 am
Col Lamb wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:03 pm If you use cruise control the standard system is what has been around since at least the 80’s and it is a useless constant speed system, ACC is vastly better.

Take it you don't read what you write Colin!
Do say if you think I am being thick, but I have no idea what you mean by your comment.

In the mid eighties I had an ‘83 Honda which had a constant speed cruise control, and air con, the height if luxury at that time but its CC was a pain to use when there was a lot of traffic.

Hence the Porsche CC system has been around for ages.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

james718gts wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:55 am
Jon A wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:37 pm This is what I would do with your budget…
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPEAJT63
I have this interior and I would say it’s the biggest wow factor of the car. Astonishingly easy to keep clean too given the colour… 😊
Do you think the pebble would stand up to dog dribble from the rear and a new born baby?

I’d love to see a pic of the carbon interior package you’ve got teamed up with pebble if you wouldn’t mind?

I think the black looks good with the pebble but I’ve always worried about scratches
I will try and get some pictures up later today. The black and the carbon have effectively the same surface coating and neither scratch easily. Carbon is a nice touch but if I did it again I would probably go black against the pebble.
I had my seats treated as part of the ceramic process and they look like new three months in (I have two Labradors but no young kids). The pebble is an incredibly dramatic interior in the sense that it lifts the “perceived” luxury and I think it might be the best option I specced! 😂 But I’m coming from a long line of cars with the traditional wetsuit black interiors…

I think you will love it whichever way you go 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:03 am
Rarecolour wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:49 am
Col Lamb wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:03 pm If you use cruise control the standard system is what has been around since at least the 80’s and it is a useless constant speed system, ACC is vastly better.

Take it you don't read what you write Colin!
Do say if you think I am being thick, but I have no idea what you mean by your comment.

In the mid eighties I had an ‘83 Honda which had a constant speed cruise control, and air con, the height if luxury at that time but its CC was a pain to use when there was a lot of traffic.

Hence the Porsche CC system has been around for ages.
I was being a little pedantic Colin. Your post says that the cruise control "is a useless constant speed system", well its actually perfect for constant speed ;)
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Jon A wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:37 pm This is what I would do with your budget…
I have this interior and I would say it’s the biggest wow factor of the car. Astonishingly easy to keep clean too given the colour… 😊
Do you think the pebble would stand up to dog dribble from the rear and a new born baby?

I’d love to see a pic of the carbon interior package you’ve got teamed up with pebble if you wouldn’t mind?

I think the black looks good with the pebble but I’ve always worried about scratches
Some quick pics…

1F921531-065B-4FDC-95CF-EBEA9CC92039.jpeg

632A6245-DFB8-4AFC-90B2-D0185DA97423.jpeg

2F41FFCF-8143-4F98-9565-FF79896FA03E.jpeg

718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:03 pm Pretty Good spec.

Only questionable inclusion in your options is the Crest on the headrests, unless you have got eyes in the back of your head its a pretty pointless inclusion.

The Spyders looks great but they will be an absolute pain to clean.

If you use cruise control the standard system is what has been around since at least the 80’s and it is a useless constant speed system, ACC is vastly better.

IMO cash is better spent on what you will use inside the car and what you see when you are sat in the car.
Disagree on the Porsche crests. It's touches that like which make the car special. A bland spec with none of those touches is a wasted opportunity.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Pebble interior looks great, I would have had it in a heartbeat in mine.

When I ordered my Macan the Pebble option came with Agate if I remember rightly which has a very obvious brown tinge so it was a no go.

I chose dove grey for the interior of my Jag and it stood up to 11 years of use very well, one just has to clean and condition it a bit more frequently.

The Garnet interior or the Turbo has stood up well to our dog, I simply cover the seats with large microfibre towels and put her favourite bed on the seat when we travel with her and she soon falls asleep.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

What I didn’t realise when I bought mine is that deviated stitching is if you want to choose a specific stitching colour. I thought that to get stitching in anything other than the boring dark grey you had to pay extra for it. It wasn’t until fairly recently I realised the stitching is the same as the seat colour. So black seats get black ( dark grey ) stitching but if you buy the pebble interior the stitching is also pebble. It looks a million times better than the dark grey/black stitching which is pretty much unnoticeable.

If I were doing it again I think I’d go with pebble/black interior. My full-on “Darth Vader with a leather fetish” looks great but so does pebble, although there’s always a faint whiff of Boss Hog about a white interior…
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

THHGTTG wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:35 pm What I didn’t realise when I bought mine is that deviated stitching is if you want to choose a specific stitching colour. I thought that to get stitching in anything other than the boring dark grey you had to pay extra for it. It wasn’t until fairly recently I realised the stitching is the same as the seat colour. So black seats get black ( dark grey ) stitching but if you buy the pebble interior the stitching is also pebble. It looks a million times better than the dark grey/black stitching which is pretty much unnoticeable.

If I were doing it again I think I’d go with pebble/black interior. My full-on “Darth Vader with a leather fetish” looks great but so does pebble, although there’s always a faint whiff of Boss Hog about a white interior…
LOL "Darth Vadar fetish look" Hahahaha an excellent look
james718gts

Post by james718gts »

Jon A wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:23 am

Some quick pics…
Thanks Jon - that is a “dramatic” effect as you say. Works nicely with the Carmine too. I also see what you mean with the finish of the carbon.

As much as I love it, I think I’d be devastated if a jam sandwich was dropped onto them.

On the feedback so far, thinking of swapping the Spyders out for ACC and the leather package, colour tbc.

Keep the suggestions coming - thanks all
Current: Macan S (PPHWIVP8) and 997.1 C2S
Deposit: M3 Touring, 992.2 Carrera T
Sold: 718 GTS4.0, 987.1 B, 987.2 S C, 718 C, 718 S C, MX-5 RF D