From a Vantage to a Macan S

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
GentIAN

Post by GentIAN »

Happy days - I have now picked up my Macan S from Porsche Reading. I took it to Autocurators who have given it their new car treatment and a ceramic coating. The photos are "before" and I'll get some "after" posted soon! The car looked great when I picked it up, but stunning after being detailed and coated! Thanks to all on the forum for some very entertaining and useful posts.

The car replaced my Aston, which sadly had to go due to my chronic back condition. A combination of that, being nearly 6ft 6, and wanting to put golf clubs and a trolley in the boot seemed to leave me without a realistic alternative - until I drove a Macan. It was obvious that with both on the drive I'd look at the Aston then get in the Macan. Given how much better the Porsche gearbox is, in the real world the Macan is just as quick as the Vantage and a lot more practical!

Macan front.jpg

Macan rear quarter.jpg

Macan rear.jpg

Macan overhead.jpg

Macan interior.jpg

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Lovely colour as ever. I do think the standard wheels look great with Gentian, they just somehow “go with the colour” so well 👍
I think you won’t get as many looks as the Aston but you may enjoy it more (if that makes sense) 🤔
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
GTB

Post by GTB »

Fantastic!!!

Another Gentian owner, love the colour but again I would say that, wishing you many safe and happy miles, my car isnt as clean as that, but a wee wash at the weekend will be back sparkling.

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

GentIAN wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:31 pm Happy days - I have now picked up my Macan S from Porsche Reading. I took it to Autocurators who have given it their new car treatment and a ceramic coating. The photos are "before" and I'll get some "after" posted soon! The car looked great when I picked it up, but stunning after being detailed and coated! Thanks to all on the forum for some very entertaining and useful posts.

The car replaced my Aston, which sadly had to go due to my chronic back condition. A combination of that, being nearly 6ft 6, and wanting to put golf clubs and a trolley in the boot seemed to leave me without a realistic alternative - until I drove a Macan. It was obvious that with both on the drive I'd look at the Aston then get in the Macan. Given how much better the Porsche gearbox is, in the real world the Macan is just as quick as the Vantage and a lot more practical!
Macan front.jpg
Macan rear quarter.jpg
Macan rear.jpg
Macan overhead.jpg
Macan interior.jpg
I too moved from a Vantage to Macan S. As you say, just as quick, far more comfortable, an infinitely better gearbox and a consummate all-rounder. I do however miss the sense of theatre each time i slipped into the driver's seat, the soundtrack of the V8 and the urge to turn and look at it every time I walked away from it.
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

GentIAN wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:31 pm Happy days - I have now picked up my Macan S from Porsche Reading. I took it to Autocurators who have given it their new car treatment and a ceramic coating. The photos are "before" and I'll get some "after" posted soon! The car looked great when I picked it up, but stunning after being detailed and coated! Thanks to all on the forum for some very entertaining and useful posts.

Macan front.jpg
Macan rear quarter.jpg
Macan rear.jpg
Macan overhead.jpg
Macan interior.jpg
I also had a V8 Vantage, but went to the Macan via a mini 🙂

just out of curiosity, you didn’t buy a cover for your Aston from me a few years back did you ( West Sussex ) ? Chap that bought it was called Ian, was tall and had back issues.

Either way, fantastic looking Macan. Gentian is rapidly becoming my favourite colour and I really like the standard wheels.
Last edited by Deleted User 4752 on Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Old Chimer wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:46 pm

Macan front.jpg
Macan rear quarter.jpg
Macan rear.jpg
Macan overhead.jpg
Macan interior.jpg
I too moved from a Vantage to Macan S. As you say, just as quick, far more comfortable, an infinitely better gearbox and a consummate all-rounder. I do however miss the sense of theatre each time i slipped into the driver's seat, the soundtrack of the V8 and the urge to turn and look at it every time I walked away from it.
My Vantage is the only car I miss pretty much every day. It was heart achingly beautiful and, as you say the sense of theatre was immense. But I cant afford a Porsche and an Aston, so for now its the Porsche. One day however….
GentIAN

Post by GentIAN »

THHGTTG wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:14 pm

Macan front.jpg
Macan rear quarter.jpg
Macan rear.jpg
Macan overhead.jpg
Macan interior.jpg
I also had a V8 Vantage, but went to the Macan via a mini 🙂

just out of curiosity, you didn’t buy a cover for your Aston from me a few years back did you ( West Sussex ) ? Chap that bought it was called Ian, was tall and had back issues.

Either way, fantastic looking Macan. Gentian is rapidly becoming my favourite colour and I really like the standard wheels.
Thanks for the comments - I obviously have a doppelgänger but it wasn't me!
GentIAN

Post by GentIAN »

Old Chimer wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:46 pm

Macan front.jpg
Macan rear quarter.jpg
Macan rear.jpg
Macan overhead.jpg
Macan interior.jpg

There's no doubt that the Aston was beautiful and it always got admiring looks (even a few cheers from kids in my village!). It was a dream to have one, and bar the gearbox it lived up to my expectations.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great looking Macan 👍👍👍
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Congrats, very nice, enjoy. 8-)
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)