Porsche connect services

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Lenlec

Post by Lenlec »

Hi all. When you collect the new Macan do you have to activate all the connect services ?
My sales guy is pressing me to sign up and activate it or my new car won’t work fully he says ?
I just want to buy it and drive it. Maybe I’ll activate at a later date

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Your SE is correct, but you can return to your OPC and do it at a later date by appointment if you prefer.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
crockers

Post by crockers »

How much is this? Why is it not included for the first year or 3
Lenlec

Post by Lenlec »

SAC1 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:07 pm Your SE is correct, but you can return to your OPC and do it at a later date by appointment if you prefer.
Cheers I’ve just managed to do it. All sorted. Thanks
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

It was free for the first 24 months. Don’t know if that has changed
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
New User

Post by New User »

crockers wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:26 pm How much is this? Why is it not included for the first year or 3
It is not a question of money but that the dealer can’t have your personal data to activate it without you doing the paperwork first. GPDR rules and all that. The Porsche Services over the air to the car are free for the first 2 years (Real Time Traffic, software updates for Nav databases, etc) and the Remote Services that allow you to communicate with the car when you are not in it are free for the first year and are separately provided by Vodafone so you actually need two separate activation processes to get the full range of services.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

SAC1 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:07 pm Your SE is correct, but you can return to your OPC and do it at a later date by appointment if you prefer.
I may be wrong here Steve but I seem to recall activating Porsche Connect before the car had even arrived at the OPC. Once you have the activation code and Porsche Connect installed on the phone it's just a matter of entering the code into the app to gain access to the car. Mind you at my age remembering exactly what happened two years ago is not easy :oops:
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Deleted User 4788

Post by Deleted User 4788 »

When i picked my car up they tried to do this and use my phone as an additional sim, but when i connect my phone using bluetooth it stops my phone working so don't bother. It wasn't explained that well to me to be honest
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

petew0557 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:55 pm When i picked my car up they tried to do this and use my phone as an additional sim, but when i connect my phone using bluetooth it stops my phone working so don't bother. It wasn't explained that well to me to be honest
sadly cant do that. Until about Oct last year the cars came with a separate external sim slot. Now you need to use the inbuilt one and pay £20 a month.
pmg

Post by pmg »

THHGTTG wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:35 pm
petew0557 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:55 pm When i picked my car up they tried to do this and use my phone as an additional sim, but when i connect my phone using bluetooth it stops my phone working so don't bother. It wasn't explained that well to me to be honest
sadly cant do that. Until about Oct last year the cars came with a separate external sim slot. Now you need to use the inbuilt one and pay £20 a month.
You do not need a sim slot if you are using your phones sim to do the data download. On my Gen2 car with a sim slot Device manager gives me three options for the data download, 1) the inbuilt Vodaphone sim, 2) an external sim I place in the sim slot or 3) my mobiles sim when it is connected via blue tooth. cars without external sim slots I believe still have the last option.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8