Dial colours

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nella

Post by Nella »

I’m quite partial to the red on my one.

046FC04B-E064-41E2-9C55-F0BAFA722B41.jpeg

Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Nella wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:37 pm I’m quite partial to the red on my one.
30.2mpg is pretty impressive 👍
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

I really liked the idea of the white dials, much more easy on the eye, and seen them in a Gen2 car (or poss Gen1) and the white dials had orange needle's.....BUT, just been into the new High Wycombe dealer and there was a high optioned S in there with optional white dials and I was gobsmacked to see that the needles on the Gen3 white dials are err.......also white :roll:
I'd love to meet the brain dead manager at Porsche who signed that off as acceptable.
Clearly that want to save money, and don't want to have to have different combo's of needle colour with dial colour, so I suspect all needles are white no mater what dial colour is specced.
Its a shame as the white dial's were so much easier on the eye (well to my old eyes!)

So, beware to anyone contemplating white dial option.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Not sure this is a game changer of a problem? You will only be sitting two feet from it and you will only look at the digital speedo and fuel gauge about 99% of the time. 🤔
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
andreas

Post by andreas »

Coloured dials are just another way for Porsche to lighten your wallet! £380 for coloured dials??? £1100 for coloured air vents?? Just options for people with more money than sense.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
2japs

Post by 2japs »

andreas wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:30 pm Coloured dials are just another way for Porsche to lighten your wallet! £380 for coloured dials??? £1100 for coloured air vents?? Just options for people with more money than sense.
Yip, my S has Bordeaux Red dials courtesy of first owner, at £680 on current configuration, completed waste of money!
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The coloured dials do have one thing going for them, they are visible whenever you are driving.

Puddle lights on the other hand are (1) only seen at night (2) visible for two seconds whilst one opens the door to get in. They are a waste as is the illuminated door sill trim that I had in my ex showroom SD.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags