Get the train?
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S

TK421

Post by TK421 »

Personally I’d Get insurance to upgrade the corsa as it is smaller than the Kaptur and not fit for your purpose and then use that. Alternatively 1 way car hire? Few other Options available that will allow you to relax whilst your away on holiday.
Last edited by TK421 on Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

As above I would most certainly be using the Corsa. Either ask for a bigger hire car or depending on how many passengers you have then drop the rear seats and get all the luggage in. Or hire/borrow a roof box.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Just use your Macan......didn’t you buy it to use it??? 🤔🤔.....and it’d certainly be more comfortable than a Corsa!! 🤣🤣

I live 50m from the sea at Southampton, with my Macan parked in the open, and I have never experienced it being ‘covered’ in seagull poo.....in fact you’ll pass the building where I live as you sail down the Solent but, as I’m currently in France, I’m afraid I can’t give you a wave 😁👋 ........but hope you enjoy your cruise 👍

Also, the area where the cars are parked at the cruise terminal is very close, so they aren’t driven very far.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

AllanG wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:59 am Just use your Macan......didn’t you buy it to use it??? 🤔🤔.....and it’d certainly be more comfortable than a Corsa!! 🤣🤣

I live 50m from the sea at Southampton, with my Macan parked in the open, and I have never experienced it being ‘covered’ in seagull poo.....in fact you’ll pass the building where I live as you sail down the Solent but, as I’m currently in France, I’m afraid I can’t give you a wave 😁👋 ........but hope you enjoy your cruise 👍

Also, the area where the cars are parked at the cruise terminal is very close, so they aren’t driven very far.
I too live in Southampton and can concur I’ve never had my car covered in seagull poo. Northern prejudice going on? :lol:
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

petew0557 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:40 pm Had my new S for 5 days, done 200 miles, 60 of which was from OPC to home.
Going on a cruise on 31st July for 10 days from Southampton (234 miles away). Original plan was to go in wife's Captur but unfortunately somebody hit it in a 3 car shunt (2 days ago) while it was stationary so now its been taken away for inspection!
So now have to use Macan, Splitting journey in two, stopping in Stratford Upon Avon then down to Southampton on Sunday.
Reading up on running in the suggestions seem to be;
1) Don't take Revs past 3500rpm in first 1000 miles
2) Don't use Chrono
3) Vary speed
4) Hope the dozy b'tard who parks it at Southampton can drive
5) Take mileage reading when leaving vehicle at Southampton (Paid premium for parking on site at docks)
6) Hope its still in one piece when we rock up on 10th August
7) Take spare key in case they lose the other!
Am I worried, Err Yes.
With most cruise companies, it's self parking in a secure car park close to the ship departure point with luggage collected from your car and delivered to your cabin on board. If that's the case for your cruise, you'll keep the keys and will have seen how close adjacent cars are to your Macan. Don't worry and enjoy your cruise.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Neil1911 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:23 pm
Skyway wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:19 pm I’d find a way of using that Corsa if it were me ;)
......and have yet another Macan stationary and aging, what a waste! If it's been ceramic coated a quick visit to the nearest jet wash and a quick RINSE should clear the crap off, seagull or otherwise.
"GOOD WAXING" Just that I noticed the OP is going on the 31st of July and not actually getting it ceramic coated until end of August,
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Blimey, gotta say there is no way id do a 200+ mile drive in a Corsa! What planet are you guys on :lol: I can't think of a more uncomfortable way of travelling

Your car will be fine. I also lived in Southampton for 27 years and never had my car covered in poo.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Definitely take the Macan and forget the Corsa.

Last time I slummed it to the airport in the 207, my 435 was nicked off the drive.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS4LDHS7
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Plyphon wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:55 am Blimey, gotta say there is no way id do a 200+ mile drive in a Corsa! What planet are you guys on :lol: I can't think of a more uncomfortable way of travelling

Your car will be fine. I also lived in Southampton for 27 years and never had my car covered in poo.
Snob !

I’d just as happily drive our Ibiza that far as I would the Macan
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S