Violent shudder at high revs & warning light

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
andreas

Post by andreas »

AllanG wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:20 pm .........And might I ask which filling stations you use when taking your cars abroad, GTB? Or don’t you ever drive outside the UK?
:D
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

pmg wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:07 pm No problems but less performance and Mpg at the margin
That’s what they want you to believe. ;)

I bet all the cars at the PEC are using E10.
Macan S MY 2023
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Octane, ethanol % and performance are some of the different attributes of petrol and are mutually exclusive. That is why a change in one does not affect the others
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
GTB

Post by GTB »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:36 pm Octane, ethanol % and performance are some of the different attributes of petrol and are mutually exclusive. That is why a change in one does not affect the others
Im sure if the % Mix was 99.9% Ethanol, 0.1% Petrol there would be.

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
GTB

Post by GTB »

andreas wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:13 pm
AllanG wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:20 pm .........And might I ask which filling stations you use when taking your cars abroad, GTB? Or don’t you ever drive outside the UK?
I have never had a need to take my cars out the UK, My time is very precious so as much as I would like the long drive, and enjoy that. Its far easier for me to hire a private jet to go to europe and have that travel company facilitate a driver and car for myself and/or my family for the period,so hopefully that helps as an answer. :) :)

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

GTB wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:31 pm
I have never had a need to take my cars out the UK, My time is very precious so as much as I would like the long drive, and enjoy that. Its far easier for me to hire a private jet to go to europe and have that travel company facilitate a driver and car for myself and/or my family for the period,so hopefully that helps as an answer. :) :)

GTB
🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

GTB wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:31 pm

GTB
🎤🫳 ( closest I could get to a mic drop )
Macanori

Post by Macanori »

Quick update from today:

Car has been back and forth from the garage and is now there for the next few days given then can’t find a fix.

Basically they’ve now installed a new high pressure fuel pump, a low pressure pump (I think this is located in the fuel tank) and a fuel sensor and it still persists. The dealer isn’t sure yet what’s causing it so it’s a process of elimination.

To recap, it’s only 8m old, 8k miles and a Macan S. Quite concerning! Oh and the fuel is fine so it wasn’t that. What to look at next? Coils / injectors?
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Macanori wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:55 pm Quick update from today:

Car has been back and forth from the garage and is now there for the next few days given then can’t find a fix.

Basically they’ve now installed a new high pressure fuel pump, a low pressure pump (I think this is located in the fuel tank) and a fuel sensor and it still persists. The dealer isn’t sure yet what’s causing it so it’s a process of elimination.

To recap, it’s only 8m old, 8k miles and a Macan S. Quite concerning! Oh and the fuel is fine so it wasn’t that. What to look at next? Coils / injectors?
I think the problem is there are so many sensors and micro-processors on cars these days that any one failure could cause issues. You’d expect any actual failures to show up on the diagnostic devices though.

Arguably the “only 8 months old” thing can be seen as actually quite good ( for you ) as all this will be covered under warranty. And as much as I am not shy when it comes to pointing out the failings of Porsche, or the Macan in particular, I do feel that in this instance you’ve just been really unlucky.

I hope they get it sorted soon. Presumably they’ve at least given you a decent loaner.
Macanori

Post by Macanori »

THHGTTG wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:31 pm
Macanori wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:55 pm Quick update from today:

I think the problem is there are so many sensors and micro-processors on cars these days that any one failure could cause issues. You’d expect any actual failures to show up on the diagnostic devices though.

Arguably the “only 8 months old” thing can be seen as actually quite good ( for you ) as all this will be covered under warranty. And as much as I am not shy when it comes to pointing out the failings of Porsche, or the Macan in particular, I do feel that in this instance you’ve just been really unlucky.

I hope they get it sorted soon. Presumably they’ve at least given you a decent loaner.
Yeah true!

Tell me if I’m overreacting but I guess I’m concerned / disappointed as this is the most expensive car I’ve ever bought and I expected a lot from Porsche as a result, so now not sure how I feel about the car…