3rd Porsche, Base Macan

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Baddiel

Post by Baddiel »

On-Track wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:37 am Hi and welcome to the forum.

Clearly you've given thought to what's important to you. Not sure I'd want to spend the next few years just relying on the audible warning when reversing but to each his own.

Enjoy your car when it arrives.
Yes, lots of thought ! ie No Bose, why when I only pretty much listen to audio books and podcast whilst suffering with Tinnitus. No pan roof due to being too noisy when open and previous bad experience with onE on an A6 estate I had. led to me rejecting the car!

I come from an era when such devices weren't available, but luckily ....." ParkAssist sensors front and rear including reversing camera".... camera included in 2023 cars :D

Baddiel

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Baddiel wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:49 am
On-Track wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:37 am
I come from an era when such devices weren't available, but luckily ....." ParkAssist sensors front and rear including reversing camera".... camera included in 2023 cars :D

Baddiel
Hey, you live and learn :D . When I bought my first SD almost everything was extra.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
andreas

Post by andreas »

Baddiel wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:49 am
Yes, but Surround View is infinitely better and will ensure your alloys remain pristine! Only £522 extra, and if that's an issue I'd suggest saving £460 by ditching the heated screen and embossed headrests.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Baddiel wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:49 pm I've learn't enough Col, especially YOUR thoughts on the 2.0 cars!

Baddiel

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Baddiel wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:27 pm Good evening all, after nosing around here for a good while now and have learnt lots, thank you and hello all.

I put a deposit down on a Macan back in February and have recently been given a build slot for the last week in Sept for, hopefully, delivery in Oct. Have gone pretty option light but think I've specced a car that will do us for several years.

let me know you thoughts, not that I'm going change anything now ;)

Baddiel.

Welcome and congrats on your Macan order. :)

Am sure you’ll enjoy it.

What were your first and second Porsches?

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

You've made a challenging build which will limit the interest it gets when you sell it down the line - if that matters.

Options you wont get your money back on: painted side blades, interior bits of leather trim (ie, headrests), car colour.

Things people will look for when buying a second hand Macan - Surround View, Active Cruise Control and other such tech.

Painted side blades for £400 represents shocking value when you could have Surround View for £500.

The Crayon colour for £1,600 represents absolutely laughable value for money considering you could buy Surround View, ACC, AND lane change assist for the same money. Features that will make your life better.

For me, the painted trim, interior leather details, and exclusive colours come after you've specced all the tech that (quite frankly) comes as standard in Honda's.

Apologies if this sounds harsh, just being candid.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

If you are going to spec frugally (nothing wrong with that) then might be tempted to go with white as Macans look good in lighter colours, and standard sideblades. This would give you another £2k in your case to get all sorts of goodies… 🤔
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Car looks great to me and spec very disciplined - good for you! I love Crayon and have gone for that myself despite what as been said on here.

You go for what you want, and whilst advice on here is invaluable, you need to make your own mind up on whats right for you. Many of the options including colour are very personal and individual.

Good luck and enjoy - I have no doubt you will whatever the spec.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

HertsMacan wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:29 pm Car looks great to me and spec very disciplined - good for you! I love Crayon and have gone for that myself despite what as been said on here.

You go for what you want, and whilst advice on here is invaluable, you need to make your own mind up on whats right for you. Many of the options including colour are very personal and individual.

Completely agree with this. The OP did ask for thoughts on his spec specifically though…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Jon A wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:36 pm
HertsMacan wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:29 pm Car looks great to me and spec very disciplined - good for you! I love Crayon and have gone for that myself despite what as been said on here.

Completely agree with this. The OP did ask for thoughts on his spec specifically though…
Fair comment.