At least pick a colour….
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Spec as is looks good but as per your later comment it could be improved.

As you like sharper cornering, then drop the bling ie painted trims at c£1100, and drop lane change, lane assist, and comfort access.

Add then use the cash saved to fund larger wheels, 18way seats and PTV.

Then you will have the best handling Macan T that you can get.

Good job you do not belt a car, your GTi will feel far livelier than the T and far more effortless to drive, the 2.0 engine is a tad small to haul such a large car around and that reflects in the on the go performance.

Don’t be in a rush to lock the spec, that commits you to buy and lockdown is not needed until you are offered an actual build slot. Your deposit btw, is fully refundable until you lock the spec.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Welcome.

That's a lot of options. Come trade-in you won't get much of that back.

I see that you've optioned a tow bar. What sort of weight are you intending to tow? If it's something substantial then the V6 will make it effortless. ;)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

:lol: It's Omni winding us up!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Neil1911 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:07 pm :lol: It's Omni winding us up!
Not guilty ( well, not on this anyway )….
crockers

Post by crockers »

I only placed the order Wednesday 🤣
crockers

Post by crockers »

SAC1 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:55 pm Welcome.

That's a lot of options. Come trade-in you won't get much of that back.

I see that you've optioned a tow bar. What sort of weight are you intending to tow? If it's something substantial then the V6 will make it effortless. ;)
Tow bar is for my bike rack
as7920

Post by as7920 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:36 pm Welcome.

Spec as is looks good but as per your later comment it could be improved.

As you like sharper cornering, then drop the bling ie painted trims at c£1100, and drop lane change, lane assist, and comfort access.

Add then use the cash saved to fund larger wheels, 18way seats and PTV.

Then you will have the best handling Macan T that you can get.

Good job you do not belt a car, your GTi will feel far livelier than the T and far more effortless to drive, the 2.0 engine is a tad small to haul such a large car around and that reflects in the on the go performance.

Don’t be in a rush to lock the spec, that commits you to buy and lockdown is not needed until you are offered an actual build slot. Your deposit btw, is fully refundable until you lock the spec.
Driven a T have you?
andreas

Post by andreas »

That's a lot of money to spend on unnecessary options. OK, if you plan to keep the car for say 5 or 6 years, you may think it's worth spending the extra. If not, you're just throwing money away as you won't get any of it back on resale.

I've had a base 2.0 litre Macan as a loaner car when my S was in for service. I drove it for a couple of hundred miles and really disliked it. The engine and gearbox have to work so hard to get any sort of performance, not a pleasant feeling. And the fuel consumption was nearly as bad as my S.

For similar money, you could get a nicely-specced S which would give you infinitely more driving pleasure.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
crockers

Post by crockers »

Ok let me put some of this into perspective.

I’m coming from a Volvo XC60. 2 litre turbo with a Polestar upgrade. Around 255 bhp.
All the safety systems and drivers aids. When on the motorway I usually use ACC with pilot assistance (steering) as motorways are boring.
So I specced the Nacan up to the level I had. No HUD available nor cross traffic alert.
I have air and prefer it to metal only.
Believe it or not the Macan seats are more comfortable.
I’ll miss the massage facility but not the cooling as that’s a waste of time.
I’m going through the list and can’t really see what there is to cut out.
Wife says no to the V6 S. so I could just ask it to have badges removed 🤣🤣
As for colour. Wife’s choice again. I’d have gone for Bolcanic Grey or Dolomite Silver. I do really like the crayon but the price sticks in my craw a bit.
But I will call my OPC and discuss the S. Lead times. Etc etc. and maybe pop in and try one. Am a wee bit fuel conscious.
The car I tested was a base Macan.
Second hand prices for the T are north of £80k and not as well specced as the one I ordered so I don’t think residues will get hammered. There’s a base Macan 2018 mk2 loaded with all extras in Tewkesbury going for 51k. I thought of that one but I can get a new one for £17k extra. Seems Porsche are like Rolex. You can sit in a new one but can’t buy it. Then once bought they immediately go up. Weird.