PPF/ Dealer/ Topaz?

All your ordering information here!
london2799

Post by london2799 »

Hi all - time to think about ppf/ gtechniq.

May go a bit overboard but i’m not great at keeping cars looking good.

Thinking of 1) ppf (front, sills) 2) gtechniq 3) inside gtechniq on leather and plastic/ piano black bits

So questions:
1) is this sufficient or go or full ppf?
2) the porsche dealer (east london) seems to have a deal with topaz detailing. Anyone heard of them? Just go with them or find an ind detailer in east london who can directly pick the car up/ is good? Any suggestions?

Thank you all!

martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

Topaz Detailing are at the top of their game when it comes to detailing and PPF. You can go wrong there but will pay a premium

They have a youtube channel. Suggest you have a watch of the cars they have done
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Bellisimoto in SE London have a great rep and seem to be cheaper than Topaz. I haven't used either. Still making mind up what to do.
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Inside?

I am not good with chemicals and so I totally avoided any products being applied inside that I have not used myself for years.

Nearly 6 years later the inside of my Macan still looks like new, all I do is use Zymol cleaner and Zymol conditioner on the leather and I use Gtechniq C4 occasionally on the plastic which I have found I do not react to.

In hind sight I wish I had ppf applied to the bonnet, the front and side sills of my Macan. Gtechniq stands up well but it does need maintaining. A quick pressure wash and blow dry may only work for a while before a thorough two bucket job is required.

Good luck deciding what you are going to have done.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 4788

Post by Deleted User 4788 »

I'm going for G Technique with a local approved company with good reviews. My neighbour has used him on a new S this month and rates the product and company
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Anyone used these for Ceramic coating?

https://www.deluxecarcare.co.uk/copy-of ... ction-film
Macan S MY 2023
Racer75

Post by Racer75 »

I was told by my OPC today that my S will be up for collection next week (ordered in early-Oct 21). I would like to do the Gtech ceramic coating - does anyone have a recommendation for a West London detailer?
Macan S - ordered Oct 21; delivered July 22; Code PN8M9C69
TEM GTS

Post by TEM GTS »

FirstSeaLord wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:13 pm Bellisimoto in SE London have a great rep and seem to be cheaper than Topaz. I haven't used either. Still making mind up what to do.
That's good to hear. I popped into see them a couple of weeks ago in readiness for September and Andrew (the owner) was clearly very knowledgeable and professional.

I haven't got a competing quote from elsewhere yet so wasn't sure how their pricing stacks up:

PPF full front section £1390+vat
New car single stage prep £360+vat
Gtechniq £240-£510+vat depending on product (Serum Light, Serum Ultra, CSU Black)
Gtechniq Surface bundle £255+vat (glass, wheels, leather

The full front PPF is certainly steeper than I thought it would be.

Any recommendations on what to go for (Gtechniq product), or what to leave out?
Macan GTS arrived Sep22!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP6IQD50
Placed deposit Oct21, locked Jul22, delivered Sep22
Sold 987.2 Boxster S Jun22
london2799

Post by london2799 »

Topaz is £2780 for front + sills. Seems much more expensive than bellisomoto…
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

london2799 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:47 am Topaz is £2780 for front + sills. Seems much more expensive than bellisomoto…
Agree. They have a great rep but I found them useless and expensive when enquiring so am going elsewhere.
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)