New to forum. I s wait worth it?

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
MacMarkan

Post by MacMarkan »

Hi Spud
thanks for the reply. Looking at your spec car looks great. Like the Agate Grey my SQ5 is Panther Black and it looks great clean but forgot how hard it is to keep clean and not a colour you can take for someone else to wash if bothered about paint swirls.
Have you got the side blades in black or body colour. My feeling is they don't look so great in black but as not seen them on a car could be wrong.

Gleneagles

Post by Gleneagles »

Welcome MacMarkan to the most expensive friends you are ever likely to meet!
But having already got yourself to £60K , there is only so much more we can do!
Not looked at your spec, but smokers pack £36, in most people's opinion is a must!
All it actually does is cover a dust trap up!!
I hope you get on well with Nottingham, my wife and I walked out, and took our business further up the M1, where they did want to take our deposit.
Macan S Diesel on order May 13th 2014
www.porsche-code.com/PFUPJFF9
Delivered 29/04/2015
Spud

Post by Spud »

They are in the normal standard black as I felt it broke the colour up, if you go to main message section, then page 3 , then on countdown thread you will see some photos Spud2015-01-20 20:54:53
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Hi - Welcome. This forum is a bit like MacMarkan's got talent. You show us what you've got and we "critique". That way you are sure to spend a grand a month over the next 18 months on optional, must have, extras! Deal?
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
MacMarkan

Post by MacMarkan »

Hi Gleneagles
Funny you should say that but I felt they were more suited to standing on the door of a nightclub, no smile sonly how much you had to drink.
The lad who lives locally needed a good wash and shirt ironed, they were not what I expected for sales execs.
MacMarkan

Post by MacMarkan »

Hi Nosmo
You give me the options I'll order if the Price is Right.
Deal or no Deal that's the question.
I've only been a member for 2 hours and my specs at 70k plus. Think I might drop the Porsche Emblem on my forearms.
emptygroves

Post by emptygroves »

Hiya MacMarkan!
The forum is indeed a Wonderland (as in the Alice in... sort) with so many things to tempt you. One big difference between Dr. Ing. h. c. F. Porsche's Wonderland and CS Lewis' Wonderland is that temptations from the former won't leave you looking stupid! Broke maybe, but not stupid.
I hope.
You're not the only person to feel daunted by this site - the only thing about my spec I haven't changed in the last 2 months is the colour. Which you might find to be a bit of a non-choice really!
Already taken advantage of my trial drive, 24 hour test drive, surrepticious ogling (yes dear, just checking email, honest...) - and now looking forward to the Porsche experience day.

Good luck to you!

EmptyG
http://www.porsche-code.com/PFR6BH68 ... currently.

PS you might find this site worth a look - it puts into practise the wordy bits in the pdf manuals floating about!
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/2014-macan/

Cheers
Emptygroves

http://www.porsche-code.com/PG7WGNP8
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Smile Very Good.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Welcome MacMarkan, as Simon says, the options to have are want you want and what you can afford.Some will encourage you into wheels as big as the moon, others smaller rims for cost / comfort. You will then get into a Sat Nav, PASM / Air debate, quickly follwed by views on sun roofs and body kits, leather interiors and seats!!
Each to his and her own but someone on here said you need to spec what you want; you alone know your priorities and budgets - having said all that I think my spec is mega.....(when it finally arrives😃😃)
+1 to that paul and the other guys comments and welcome macmarkan..

The only thing you cant spec yet is that fantastic engine in your sq but to be fair to the macan it does an awesome job of throwing you around if needed and smooth if you just want to criuse with the porsche feel like you felt on your test drive..

My macan runs 20"wheels pasms and sports chrono is a super place to be and arguably in the best seats 18ways,, but that is for you to decide what you need, what you dont, keep reading and you'll be up to speed in no time.. enjoy.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
wd18

Post by wd18 »

Welcome MacMerkan browse the forum, check out all our thoughts and advice and by the time you lock down you probably will be none the wiser. Follow your heart , the car has a wide array of options. The one missing though is the ejector button for the wife's seat. The router is that it will be available in the face lift version. Probably due about the time you take delivery enjoy
http://www.porsche-code.com/PFXNH8P8